Dick Pound and Morals

Old September 19th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Dick Pound and Morals

Joe King wrote:
"The moral question is simple," Pound said. "It is one thing if you are
prepared to go physically endure the rigors of training at altitude. But to
be at sea level and climb into a tent and go to sleep pretending you're at
altitude, and getting the same result, is artificial."

Source:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=DEFA ULT

Why is Dick Pound bringing up mushrooms? I know Wille Nelson got
busted for pot and 'shrooms, but what does that have to do with the
_real_ dopers? Is he saying that the French, those fungi fanatics, are
implicated by these mushrooms? Can you even eat a mushroom in a
hyperbaric tent without dying? I don't know. The whole thing confuses
the **** out of me.

Old September 19th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

xzzy wrote:
Dick Pound, I have gotten cycling out of a couple good ones. If you don't
know where to find me, I am he John Bickmore 303-695-6467 If you do not
contact me then I take your decision to mean that you have made a decision
to fail to properly do your job.

I will report your decision to this newsgroup in a week.

Oh, the suspense.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 19th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Fred Fredburger wrote:

wrote:
Joe King wrote:
"The moral question is simple," Pound said. "It is one thing if you are
prepared to go physically endure the rigors of training at altitude. But
be at sea level and climb into a tent and go to sleep pretending you're at
altitude, and getting the same result, is artificial."

Source:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...I&SECTION=HOME
&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
"The moral question is simple," Coggan said. "It is one thing if you
are prepared to go physically endure the rigors of training in hot
weather. But to be at a temperate location and put on extra clothing
and go train pretending you're in a hot location, and get the same
result, is artificial."

Andy ("moral but naked") Coggan

Do the women you've used this moral argument on buy it?

I would direct you to the pioneering work of Prof. Nelly in the journal
_Nellyville_, where his paper "Hot In Herre" describes such a phenomenon.

Please note that the language in this paper is rather high-level, and
not recommended for undergraduates or high school students.

The original paper:

http://www.lyricsstyle.com/n/nelly/hotinherre.html

Related commentary:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2526

The abstract:

Its gettin hot in here (so hot)
So take off all your clothes

The comments on the commentary really say it all. For instance "all ya
haters out therre need to stop hatin on Flandis. just cause he fine and
talanted don't mean yal gotta dogg on `em!!! ". How true.
Old September 19th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:
But for those of you not offended by monkeys in your pants,
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/19/us/19leopard.html
Read to the last line.

It is behind an authorization barrier. Is there a readily
available web page with this story?

Go to http://www.bugmenot.com/ and get a user/password for www.nytimes.com.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926