All the bike lanes lead nowhere

Old July 29th 10, 08:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default All the bike lanes lead nowhere

On Jul 29, 2:58 pm, Jimmy wrote:
Bolwerk wrote:
Remember that upper class white woman who dared let her 9-year-old ride
the Subway alone a few years ago? It actually made the news.

Metro North explicitly allows children 8 and over to ride
unaccompanied. Seehttp://www.mta.info/mnr/html/planning/fares/unaccomp_child.htm
.

Jimmy

Try letting your child ride a bike alone.
Old August 4th 10, 12:47 PM
mischastar mischastar is offline
Member

Not sure I would let my child ride alone at the age of 8!! Thats ridiculous! What I find more disturbing is the fact that it states they should have everything with them to identify who they are and where they live!

If anyone wanted to take your child, they would have every piece of information about them and who knows what they might be able to get hold of.

I would definitely not recommend to have my child ride alone!