should i buy a torker dx?

Old August 5th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
themunkyuni

Default should i buy a torker dx?

hi people,
i need some advise on wether or not to buy a torker dx.

if u have one tell me how u like it
im not sure if it will be too heavy or too tall.
can u get it cut to make it lower??

thanks!

--
themunkyuni
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 5th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

I just got a torker dx two days ago and its awesome, I had a 12 pound
beginner unicycle before so I thought the dx being 15 pounds would be
hard to jump. I went out today to san diego bay and with my new dx and
I was breaking my jumping record by a long shot. The reason is because
with the dx trial tire you can get more bounce out of it. The seat post
was a little long for me so I just cut it with a chop saw and grinded
it down. I do think you should buy the dx and I'm sure many will agree
with me for the excellent price. Good Luck.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 5th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ranger111133

i'm looking for a trails and i just don't think the dx is that good. if
i would get a trails i would get a kris holm (that will never happen
lol) but i'll probably get a nimbus trails

--
ranger111133
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 6th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
snowkel

yea i dont personally have a dx but they are awesome from my frends dx
that i rode but my suggestion is to change the seat to a KH fusion
saddle or KH street (personal choice though)

--
snowkel
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 6th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
themunkyuni

thanks for all the advise !
im goin to get a dx!!!
should i change any parts on it?

oo yeh ! cant wait to get it!!

thanks

--
themunkyuni
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 6th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

You may end up changing the seat, and the pedals. Thats probably it.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 6th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Yeah, if your guy I would change the seat, I rode with the dx seat for
like an hour when I got it and I must of hit my you know what 10 times.
I now have the kh fusion freeride on mine. Some say get the street
which is smaller and better for manuevering for tricks but I go for
long rides so I perfer the fusion freeride.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 6th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I rode long distances on my DX, well, probably not distance wise, but I
put in a lot of 6-8 hour rides.

The saddle didnt hit me, and it was comfy for me, I only changed it
once I started to mess with SIF, so I cut down the foam, and then it
was still comfy to sit on for hours, and ride SIF with. =p

Old August 13th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe_sixpack

I bought the DX and I am very happy with it. I must say though I don't
do alot of drops or hopping and so I have the 24" model. However it
was worth evcery penny and I have no complaints.

If you're worried about the seat being too high, a reciprocating saw
does the job quick, clean and easy.

--
Joe_sixpack
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 13th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

themunkyuni wrote:
should i change any parts on it?

Don't change any parts on it until you've gotten a feel for it.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com

Getting a Torker... benjaug Unicycling 32 September 5th 06 08:41 PM
torker cx lucky_8 Unicycling 9 March 16th 06 10:51 PM
torker LX JUNGAUNI Unicycling 19 March 14th 06 04:22 AM
torker dx habbywall Unicycling 11 July 11th 05 06:54 PM
torker dx 24'' or 20''? fitbike33 Unicycling 6 July 2nd 04 12:04 AM