Mountain Biker suffers crash landing

Old July 28th 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Biker suffers crash landing

Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Biker suffers crash landing
Margo Zlotkowski

Monday, July 28, 2008

© The Cairns Post

VIDEO: This is the terrifying moment mountain bike rider Tommy
Insixiengmay hit the dirt in a spectacular crash yesterday and lived
to tell the tale.

The new recruit to the sport was knocked unconscious after taking a
bad tumble just minutes from the finish line in the latest round of
the Cairns Mountain Bike Club’s downhill championships.

Mr Insixiengmay, 20, was discharged from Cairns Base Hospital last
night after being rushed by ambulance from the Smithfield Conservation
Park course with suspected concussion about 2.45pm.

"I don’t know if it’s one of the most serious accidents we’ve had but
it’s certainly one of the most spectacular," club secretary Gordon
Greaves said yesterday.

"He came over a jump and fell, causing another rider right behind him
to fall on top of him."

The second rider’s wheel clipped Mr Insixiengmay, a Mt Sheridan
graphic designer who only competed in his first race last month, in
the head.

"But Tommy won’t let something like this put him off," Mr Greaves
said.

"He’ll just have a tale to tell about what happens when it all goes
pear-shaped.

"He says all he remembers is waking up and being surrounded by women
as he was being given first-aid – it was like paradise."

Mr Greaves said the second rider was not hurt in the accident, but in
a separate accident further up the track, another boy badly bruised
his ankle.

"There’s always scrapes and bruises but not often anything serious,"
he said.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 28th 08, 02:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old July 28th 08, 04:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Pseudo-enviromentalist Cannot Comprehend Basic Biology

On Jul 27, 9:38*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

Because once again, Michael J. Vandeman shows us that hasn't a clue
about basic biology.

Old July 29th 08, 01:53 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:38:53 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

By the way, it would be pretty hard for a crash to EFFECT his ability
to procreate. (I know, English isn't your first language, which will
probaby AFFECT your ability to procreate.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 29th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

The last time I checked, procreation was not an activity that required a
face.

Old July 29th 08, 03:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

By the way, it would be pretty hard for a crash to EFFECT his ability
to procreate. (I know, English isn't your first language, which will
probaby AFFECT your ability to procreate.)

I realize your observation skills are pretty sub par, Dr. Vandeman,
but if you do a little objective reading you might learn that
literally billions of people are able to procreate without English as
a first language.

Speaking of which, what does "probaby" mean?

Old July 30th 08, 01:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:00:37 -0700, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

The last time I checked, procreation was not an activity that required a
face.

How dumb can you get? You have to have a face that a member of the
opposite sex is willing to get close to. NOT one that is all smashed
up. DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 30th 08, 01:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

By the way, it would be pretty hard for a crash to EFFECT his ability
to procreate. (I know, English isn't your first language, which will
probaby AFFECT your ability to procreate.)

I realize your observation skills are pretty sub par, Dr. Vandeman,
but if you do a little objective reading you might learn that
literally billions of people are able to procreate without English as
a first language.

Not in an English-speaking country. There, he will be handicapped.
DUH!

Old July 30th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action!

Mike

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

Huh? Since Mr. Insixiengmay's ability to procreate was apparently not
effected by the crash, how can it be "Evolution in action"?

How would you know? It looks like he got his face smashed into the
ground. That could easily AFFECT his ability to procreate.

The last time I checked, procreation was not an activity that required a
face.

How dumb can you get? You have to have a face that a member of the
opposite sex is willing to get close to. NOT one that is all smashed
up. DUH!

Not if he has a dong that hangs to his knees.

Ugly people have sex, you know.

I'm not sure how dumb I can get, but I pertty sure that I can run circles
around you and your Cracker Jack PhD. How dumb can you get, because I'm
exhausted trying to dumb myself down to your level.

Old July 30th 08, 01:25 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Not in an English-speaking country. There, he will be handicapped.
DUH!

Say what?!

Have you any idea how many Mexicans are procreating in the USA? They don't
speak a word of English, yet they manage to make lots of babies.