Cyclist in accident drives off

Old August 17th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

judith wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:13:11 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or rather,
attempt to.

Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members of
this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

And your views on Marc's post:

"With even more luck the turd dispenser got lost forever, died and
the owner got put off buying another one."

You're wasting your time. As someone (you?) previously said "there's
none so blind as those that will not see". My dog is a fully paid-up
member of my family. Someone injures it, and attempts to leg it from the
scene, that person gonna have to go *through* me first. I challenge the
nutters here to find *any* 'decent' dog owner with a different mindset.
Old August 17th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:53:42 GMT someone who may be Peter Grange
wrote this:-

The picture in the article shows the dog walker showing lots of
consideration for other users, pram on one side of the track, dog on
the other, most probably with a lead between them.

Debatable. I suspect there is no lead. If that was the case then
exercising a dog in this way is in direct contravention of the
Highway Code.

"56

"Dogs. Do not let a dog out on the road on its own. Keep it on a
short lead when walking on the pavement, road or path shared with
cyclists or horse riders."

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_069853

I did once observe a dog walker who had let his dog off the lead on
a cycle path use the lead to whip a cyclist on the face. The cyclist
grabbed the lead after one blow and said to the dog walker, in an
icy tone, "how would you like me to hit you with that lead?" The dog
walker got the message. What had the cyclist done to "deserve" this
attack? He had stopped when the dog ran in front of his vehicle.
That was enough to set the dog walker off ranting about how terrible
cyclists are.

The chant that all cyclists are devils and all dog
walkers/pedestrians/motorists are angels is one that the usual
suspects often utter, but real life is rather more complicated.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old August 17th 08, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 17 Aug, 19:13, "Clive George" wrote:
"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or rather,
attempt to.

Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members of
this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

Don't take him too seriously. He's only acting out. Social services
seem to have put him in charge of several teenagers, so he must be OK
in real life. Probably under pressure. He's just a big pussy really,
I'll be bound. Mind you, he does seem rather fixated on my testicles
in another thread ...
Old August 17th 08, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or
rather, attempt to.
Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members
of this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

Grow up and take your blinkers off. If some turd, trolling or otherwise,
wants to run into my animal and then ride away, he'll find himself
restrained from doing so, hopefully with the letting of blood. Tell me,
can I come round and cut your cats throat and you'll let me wander off?

Continued unacceptable behaviour on your part. You're the one who needs to
grow up - violence as a solution stopped being considered sometime during
school years for most of us.

Violence *begets* violence, old chap. Would you care to offer an answer
to the question I raised? No, thought not - your cycling blinkers wont
let you will they?
Old August 17th 08, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:43:26 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

On Aug 17, 6:27*pm, HarryHill wrote:
‘There may be serious consequences if a cyclist hits a child’

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa.../there-may-be-...

CALLS have been made for the widening of a pedestrian and cycle path
after a dog was hit by a bicycle.

Anne-Marie Wilkins, 37, from Llandaff North, is starting a petition
calling for the Taff Trail to be widened through Hailey Park after her
dog Bonny was run over by a cyclist, who then immediately rode off.

A curious segment from that article;
"In May, Friends of Hailey Park and sustainable transport charity
Sustrans supported a bike safety event at the park, encouraging
cyclists to respect other path-users"

I note it's not, Cyclists of Hailey Park and sustainable transport
charity Sustrans supported a bike safety event at the park,
encouraging dog owners and childminders to respect path-users.

It takes a lot of abuse to get people up of their collective ass and
engage in such a protest. Those cyclists must be a right bunch of
arseholes and little wonder given how in here they selfishness is
defended tooth and nail at every hands turn.

I did say the cyclist should have stopped, and so did another poster.
hardly defending they (sic) selfishness at every hands turn. Also we
do not know the details of the particular incident. In my experience,
as I have said already, dogs are often not "Under Control".

No-one's commented on my comments about the picture in the article.
Does that look like someone who is showing consideration for other
users of the path?
Old August 17th 08, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

wrote this:-

[...]

Dont get me wrong, I'm not singling cyclists out for retribution, oops
sorry I meant 'dissuading from leaving the scene'. I'd be exactly the
same with a pedestrian, a car driver, or a sodding hot air balloonist -
if you strike an animal, regardless of your method of propulsion, you STOP.
Old August 17th 08, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 17 Aug, 19:30, nully wrote:
Clive George wrote:
"nully" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

[...]

I still don't believe that you really are Nuxx Bar, but you do need to
help me on this one.
Old August 17th 08, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Peter Grange wrote:
In my experience,
as I have said already, dogs are often not "Under Control".

No-one's commented on my comments about the picture in the article.
Does that look like someone who is showing consideration for other
users of the path?

I looks like a dog walker, ipso facto someone not "showing
consideration" for other members of society.
Old August 17th 08, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nully[_3_]

"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or rather,
attempt to.

Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members of
this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

Don't take him too seriously. He's only acting out. Social services
seem to have put him in charge of several teenagers, so he must be OK
in real life. Probably under pressure. He's just a big pussy really,
I'll be bound. Mind you, he does seem rather fixated on my testicles
in another thread ...

LOL my occupation is irrelevant, other than to point out that SS once
said "Your dog bit our child, it'll have to go". I pointed out they had
it round the wrong way "Your child provoked my dog, he'll have to go".
Guess what, I'm still working...

I'm frankly absolutely *staggered* at the reaction of posters to this
thread. With a couple of notable exceptions (and thank God for them,
otherwise I'd believe this place to be nothing but a nut-hatch) some
cyclists seem to be looking for ways to excuse this ******* just riding
away. Can I assume that most of the cyclists here are not dog owners?
Their understanding of how a dog owner would react to this incident
beggars belief - I would have thought it bleeding obvious.
Old August 17th 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 17 Aug, 19:22, nully wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:44:46 +0100 someone who may be nully
wrote this:-

Anyone have a means of contacting Ms Wilkins? I'd like to send her a
walking stick and some advice about shoving it in the wheel spokes of
dangerous, aggressive, and malicious cyclists like yourself and the
person she recently met. I'm told it meets with the most *spectacular*
results!

You advocate responding to an incident in which a dog was scared
with an action which could well lead to the death of a human.

Dont like the time, dont do the crime. Hmmmm, that seems to fit nicely.
By the way, where did you get "scared" from? The article said that the
dog was *hit*.

Yeaahhh, and what people here are forgetting is that basically the dog
owner had paid for a licence, so the dog had a right to be on the
path, which it had paid for unlike the so-called "cyclist". Oh no,
wait, I mean ...