Small town newspapers - the best

Old April 29th 04, 05:41 PM
aspenmike

Default Small town newspapers - the best

I turned in a 3 paragraph news release to our local newspaper after this
years Moab MUni fest, and this is what the sports editor did with it.
Aspen does care about it's locals, and unicycling!!!. I also created an
album in the gallery that includes the photos from the article that do
not come with the online version. Cheers.

Heres the newspaper article link:

http://tinyurl.com/3bcya

Heres the photo link:

http://tinyurl.com/ytvbt

--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

Old April 29th 04, 06:12 PM
Krashin'Kenny

Very impressive!!!!

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old April 29th 04, 06:40 PM
U-Turn

Excellent interview, Mike!

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old April 29th 04, 07:04 PM
nathan

Very nice article Mike. I love the story of "The Agony of Defeat".
That's happened to me too.

And I have been thinking about your proposal for this summer: 20000' of
elevation change in a day is mighty tempting. I would love to ride up Mt
Evans as part of that.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old April 29th 04, 07:56 PM
Phuni

A great introduction to what unicycling is all about. Hopefully, some
people may read it and get inspired to take up the sport.

Phuni

--
Phuni - music / unicycling
Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

Old April 29th 04, 11:37 PM
aspenmike

And I have been thinking about your proposal for this summer: 20000'

of elevation change in a day is mighty tempting. I would love to ride up
Mt Evans as part of that.

Nathan, Let's Do It! Average riding elevation is around 10,000'. The
ride I have mapped out for the 20,000' elevation change is not MT.
Evans, but we could do that a day or two after the big one. Mt. Evans is
the "classic" high altitude ride, topping out at 14,000'. The other one,
we would summit 4 different passes, and travel about 85 miles with
20,000' elevation change/ 10,000' up and about 10,000' down. I plan on
riding it either July 10, 17 or August 7th. It would be great to suffer
with someone else. Let me know.

I love the story of "The Agony of Defeat". That's happened to me too.

Adrenaline is crazy stuff, makes you do silly things. I was a little
tired as well, which helped in the UPD at 14,000'.