Track/dirt track/weird bike racing in Oxford?

Old November 14th 04, 05:13 PM
Me

Default Track/dirt track/weird bike racing in Oxford?

OK, I saw a thing on local news (central) a couple months ago that
showed some gys who get together and ride these singlespeed mountainbike
thingys around a very small flat dirt track. It was in oxford and I
should have made a note where it was. I only live a few miles away and I
would like to go check it out.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

cheers
Old November 14th 04, 05:58 PM
Simonb

Me wrote:

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Grass track. Track racing -- on grass!

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/perth.htm

Old November 14th 04, 06:00 PM
James Thomson

"Me" wrote:

OK, I saw a thing on local news (central) a couple months
ago that showed some gys who get together and ride these
singlespeed mountainbike thingys around a very small flat
dirt track. It was in oxford and I should have made a note
where it was. I only live a few miles away and I would like
to go check it out.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sounds like cycle speedway.

http://www.britishcyclespeedway.fsnet.co.uk/tracks.html

James Thomson

Old November 14th 04, 08:18 PM
Me

Spot on James!

It is Cycle Speedway. The pics show it off well!
http://www.britishcyclespeedway.fsnet.co.uk/

Interestingly, no track is listed around oxford. Does anyone know of its
name or any details? I'd love a go!

-cheers

Old November 14th 04, 10:47 PM
James Thomson

"Me" wrote:

Interestingly, no track is listed around oxford. Does anyone
know of its name or any details? I'd love a go!

The link I posted lists one in Horspath:

http://www.britishcyclespeedway.fsnet.co.uk/tracks.html

Horspath Contact:- Geoff Gamage 01865 872038

Track: Recreation Ground, Horspath, Oxford

James Thomson