Too much Twisting on MUni

Old July 12th 03, 01:32 PM
Memphis Mud

Default Too much Twisting on MUni

I've got the Yuni MUni with 170s and KH Saddle. I've noticed lately that
the machine will twist to left and right more than I like. Then I'm
riding along with left shoulder thrust forward.

Other unis dont do this. Probably because of smoother nature of riding
29er or giraffe.

Is seat too low/high? Is KH too narrow at the narrows? Is it me?

Anyone else get this?

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old July 12th 03, 02:05 PM
onewheeldave

It happens to me occasionally that the uni twists to one side and
there's been a few posts from others on it too.

Usually it occurs after a change of tyre or seat height and goes away of
it's own accord by the next day.

I've never ridden 170's but would imagine that they could exagurate a
tendency to twist.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874

Old July 12th 03, 02:18 PM
Krashin'Kenny

Are you sure that it is not a tracking problem that you are compensating
for? I had a problem with my Yuni Muni pulling to one side and found
myself constantly twisting to keep it going straight. I found that the
fork legs were not parallel to each other. If this is the problem, it is
pretty easy to check and correct. l
Look he
http://tinyurl.com/gq9u

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old July 12th 03, 09:45 PM
rhysling

Memphis Mud wrote:
*I've noticed lately that the machine will twist to left and right
more than I like.*

It has most likely become magnetized form repeated impacts with the
earth. Strange, brass usually has no effect...

(I'm of the 'it's probably the long cranks' school... they were those
high-Q aluminium jobbers, ya? I highly recommend having Tommy look at
the wheel when he would rather be cycling; even if it's not the wheel,
you'll have accomplished something.)

-Christopher

--
rhysling - Pontificating Vigilantly

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to
passover me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the
inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain." -- The Bene Gesserit Litany of Fear

"Huh... I Wonder who this -Bene Gesserit- guy is, anyway? Sounds
Yidish...." -Me, steeling the quote from Lewis's signature
rhysling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/411

Old July 12th 03, 10:01 PM
Dylan Wallinger

My Nimbus Frame twists badly when going up hill causing the tire to rub. I
think it's just because of the frame design.

Dylan
Old July 13th 03, 01:22 PM
Memphis Mud

Krashin'Kenny wrote:
*Are you sure that it is not a tracking problem that you are
compensating for? I had a problem with my Yuni Muni pulling to one
side and found myself constantly twisting to keep it going straight. I
found that the fork legs were not parallel to each other. If this is
the problem, it is pretty easy to check and correct. l
Look he
http://tinyurl.com/gq9u *

Thanks Krash, the thread is a good one. Since so many refer to the Yuni
frame (as is mine), I suspect this is it.

Christopher, I'm trying to get Tommy to spend MORE time on one wheel,
not less. For your information: Tour d'Wolf is 6.6 miles. I used the
aforementioned Yuni MUni to jump over the Mississippi River yesterday.
Felt just like Evil Kneavel. I'll ask Grandmaster 2T to post pix on MUC.

Old July 27th 03, 03:40 AM
MUNIYETI

M-Mud; was your twisting problem a bent frame or something else? I have
the similar problem of sort of fighting against a tendency to head to
the left and thrusting out my right shoulder. I thought it might be my
frame after reading the thread replies but I got a new KH24 recently and
I find I still do this (especially when I get tired). I suspect it's
lousy technique but, as I am self taught and have no "coach" or even
anyone else to watch and learn from, I don't know what I need to do to
remedy this (or if it is normal riding behaviour)... Suggestions please,
Oh Great Masters of the Single-Wheel?

--
MUNIYETI
MUNIYETI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4183

Old July 27th 03, 11:22 PM
Memphis Mud

MUNIYETI wrote:
*M-Mud; was your twisting problem a bent frame or something
else? *

I regret to say I haven't had the time to look into this. We've had a
heck of a storm here in Mtown. Then there's work. Then there's two kids.
Then we just got back from 6flags in St. Louis.

I promise I'll check soon.