Chinese Executive Kills Self Amid Recall

Old August 13th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Default Chinese Executive Kills Self Amid Recall

Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron
Old August 13th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mtb Dad

On Aug 13, 11:20 am, RonSonic wrote:
Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

I hope Hein VerDRUggen doesn't see that piece on his trips to Beijing
and start getting all guilty feeling or anything.

Old August 13th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Aug 13, 1:20 pm, RonSonic wrote:
Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

Just imagine what the fate of Lay, Fastow and the other Enron crooks
would have been.

Old August 13th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

Why not? The government would have executed him anyway. In a way, he quit
before they had a chance to fire him. Life is cheap over there, and toilet
paper is expensive.

Old August 13th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per RonSonic:
Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

I think it's called "The buck stops here." - as opposed to
stonewalling and/or spin control.
--
PeteCresswell
Old August 13th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits
Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

Why not? The government would have executed him anyway. In a way,
he quit before they had a chance to fire him. Life is cheap over
there, and toilet paper is expensive.

Life doesn't seem to be worth all that much here, either.
Old August 13th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McTeague

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

While a suicide is never a cause for joy some part of me is pleased that
shame is still a powerful thing to some people. There have been so many
cases of heinous misdeeds by corporate creeps lately and no one seems to
feel they owe anyone an apology. However, it may be stories of that guy's
business being on the brink of bankruptcy that was the primary push towards
the brink.

Tim McTeague

Old August 13th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

ENDRONG!

Old August 13th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Ozark Bicycle wrote:
Just imagine what the fate of Lay, Fastow and the other Enron crooks
would have been.

still me wrote:
Lay? I think he got the death sentence for knowing too much. Probably
the same general path for the Chinese guy.

The conspiracy types claim otherwise: Patsy's body gets Lay's death
certificate, doctor signs off for some $$ and Kenny moves to Brunei or
Vesco's yacht or some such.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 14th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

In article ,
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message

Report: Head of China Toy Company at Center of U.S. Recall Commits
Suicide

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/WireS...3472626&page=1

Wow.

Ron

Why not? The government would have executed him anyway. In a way,
he quit before they had a chance to fire him. Life is cheap over
there, and toilet paper is expensive.

Life doesn't seem to be worth all that much here, either.

After having my dog almost die from melamine-tainted dog food, I am
justifiably cynical and weary of anything coming over from mainland China.
At this rate, the Chinese government will have to execute cartloads of
people to get their quality control in order. I'm not holding my breath.
And I'm not buyig anything coming over from there if I can help it.

Chinese/Tibet Dan Techniques 2 October 26th 06 07:17 PM
TdF Executive Summary-Dashboard Web Page steephill Racing 8 June 18th 06 11:16 PM
Are these Chinese bicycles OK ? [email protected] Social Issues 0 April 30th 06 09:45 AM
chinese legs ubersquish Unicycling 10 August 22nd 03 10:00 AM
Arcata celebrates Skot, Denise Hill is Back Leaves Reno amid fanfare Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway Recumbent Biking 0 July 26th 03 09:24 PM