Aerodynamic Water Bottles

Old July 29th 03, 12:34 AM
T. Field

Default Aerodynamic Water Bottles

I recently acquired a Cervelo P2K, and am setting it up for TT's There
are only bolts for a water bottle cage on the downtube. Is the
Campagnolo Biodynamica "thin" water bottle more aerodynamic in this
position than a standard round bottle and cage? does any one have any
info on this?
Old July 29th 03, 01:37 AM
Kwantani

Yes, read this...
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadin...erbottles.html

om...

Old July 29th 03, 07:59 PM
Mark Hickey

"Kwantani" wrote:

Yes, read this...
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadin...erbottles.html

In the article, John Cobb mentions that in testing, an aero water
bottle worked well on Lance's TT bike's seat tube.

In fact, that's how he raced it - with a large (Campy?) aero water
bottle mounted very low on the seat tube. I guess in the end it's
more of a "virtual fairing" than a water bottle... not that there's
anything wrong with that....

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 29th 03, 08:14 PM
T. Field

Thanks, the last line is the most telling...aerodynamic bottles on the
downtube seemed to help in the case of a frame built for Lance
Armstrong.

Kwantani" wrote in message

Yes, read this...
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadin...erbottles.html

om...

Old July 30th 03, 03:14 AM
Gary Jacobson

In the days of Shimano AX we used to crush a standard cage and use a
dishsoap bottle for water. Used to fill in the underside of Turbo saddle
with a sheet of stiff foam.
Do it yourself back then.
GJ

om...

Kwantani" wrote in message

Yes, read this...
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadin...erbottles.html

om...

Old July 30th 03, 05:10 AM
Jens Kurt Heycke

That did look like a Biodinamica on his bike. Anyone
konw for sure?

BTW, the handle-hole in the Biodinamica doesn't seem
all that aero to me. I covered it on each side with a
piece of duct tape, so the sides are more sheer.

-- Jens

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Kwantani" wrote:

Yes, read this...
http://www.slowtwitch.com/mainheadin...erbottles.html

In the article, John Cobb mentions that in testing, an aero water
bottle worked well on Lance's TT bike's seat tube.

In fact, that's how he raced it - with a large (Campy?) aero water
bottle mounted very low on the seat tube. I guess in the end it's
more of a "virtual fairing" than a water bottle... not that there's
anything wrong with that....

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Zefal Isotherm water bottle keeps water coldest? chris General 77 July 27th 04 01:46 AM
water bottle mounting MarkR General 8 May 20th 04 08:55 PM
How to create customized water bottles? George General 1 February 24th 04 02:37 PM
TDF Time Trials and water bottles... Rivermist General 6 July 22nd 03 04:03 AM