Website Idea: Stolen Bikes

Old October 14th 03, 11:09 PM
Tom

Default Website Idea: Stolen Bikes

I've had an idea for a website, not sure if its a good or bad
idea...comments please....

Basically a website to list stolen bikes, of all types (the pedal variety of
course). The site could contain pictures, information about the bike.
People could offer rewards for information or return of the bike etc. The
idea would work I think, but essentially it would require lots of bikes to
be stolen to become popular enough to get people checking it before they buy
a second hand bike. I've not done any checking, perhaps a site already
exists for this.

I know it would be a drop in the ocean, but it is possible that you could
tag your bike with a sticker, with the URL on it....I'm sure you get the
idea, like a certificate almost.

Any ideas/comments anyone?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Tom

Old October 14th 03, 11:59 PM
John Harlow

Basically a website to list stolen bikes, of all types

Try typing "bicycle registry" in google and see what ya get.

Old October 15th 03, 12:08 AM
Tom

I knew it was a good idea

Cheers,
Tom

Old October 15th 03, 03:19 AM
Charles Beristain

I have one on my web page..

http://pages.prodigy.com/CharlieB/sdb.htm

http://pages.prodigy.com/CharlieB/

charlie
Old October 15th 03, 03:24 AM
Corvus Corvax

"Tom" wrote

I've had an idea for a website, not sure if its a good or bad
idea...comments please....

Basically a website to list stolen bikes, of all types (the pedal variety of
course). The site could contain pictures, information about the bike.

Isn't that what Ebay is for?

CC
Old October 15th 03, 03:34 AM
Pete

"Corvus Corvax" wrote

Basically a website to list stolen bikes, of all types (the pedal

variety of
course). The site could contain pictures, information about the bike.

Isn't that what Ebay is for?

Or www.stealitback.com

Pete

Old October 15th 03, 08:53 PM
JD

Charles Beristain wrote in message . ..
I have one on my web page..

http://pages.prodigy.com/CharlieB/sdb.htm

http://pages.prodigy.com/CharlieB/

charlie

I knew that would draw you out. Two things, that and riding over logs
does that. You have them both well dialed-in on your website. If all
of the Huffy owners of America knew your stolen bike registry was
there and used it, you'd need a staff of about 20 every day to keep up
with it.

JD
Old October 15th 03, 09:03 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On 15 Oct 2003 12:53:14 -0700, (JD) wrote:

I knew that would draw you out.

Charlie's too busy actually riding to post here much. G

Being a *retired* mountain biker who lives very close to an excellent
set of trails isn't a bad life.

Barry

Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 06:48 AM
Importing European touring bikes to U.S. Stupid idea? Art Winterbauer General 15 August 20th 03 12:55 AM