Yaaay!!

Old June 6th 14, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Yaaay!!

I've got chain grease on my calf.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/

Old June 6th 14, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 6/6/2014 12:34 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I've got chain grease on my calf.

:-) Congratulations!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 10th 14, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 13:34:42 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I've got chain grease on my calf.

I generally get it on the pants. It comes off the calf easier.
Old June 14th 14, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

wrote:

I've got chain grease on my calf.

I generally get it on the pants. It comes off the calf easier.

Black pants, except for one pair of dark navy sweat pants. (I
couldn't fine any black that year. Couldn't find sweat pants at all
this winter -- perhaps for the same reason that it wasn't all that
urgent: I wasn't getting around much.)

Riding in black sweats is one reason it took me so long to get chain
grease on my calf, but the main reason was that the weather got too
nasty for rehab rides exactly when I wanted to start building back up
from eight weeks of not riding -- walking doesn't cut it for staying
in shape, not even when I walk down Ninth Street once a week. So by
the time it got warm enough for easy rides, the rides had to be
*really* easy and I didn't stay aboard long enough to get greasy.

But I expect to have to stop for lunch on tomorrow's ride.

Old June 16th 14, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

wrote:

I've got chain grease on my calf.

I generally get it on the pants. It comes off the calf easier.

Black pants, except for one pair of dark navy sweat pants. (I
couldn't fine any black that year. Couldn't find sweat pants at all
this winter -- perhaps for the same reason that it wasn't all that
urgent: I wasn't getting around much.)

Riding in black sweats is one reason it took me so long to get chain
grease on my calf, but the main reason was that the weather got too
nasty for rehab rides exactly when I wanted to start building back up
from eight weeks of not riding -- walking doesn't cut it for staying
in shape, not even when I walk down Ninth Street once a week. So by
the time it got warm enough for easy rides, the rides had to be
*really* easy and I didn't stay aboard long enough to get greasy.

But I expect to have to stop for lunch on tomorrow's ride.

We have long winters here in Quebec. A trainer is not the most fun but
it can help keep you in shape when you can't or don't want to ride outside.