Folding Tire too Tight for Rim

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bicycle_disciple

Default Folding Tire too Tight for Rim

Hi all,

I tried this for probably 20 minutes with all the strength I can
muster. Basically trying to pull on a Deda Tre RS corsa folding
clincher 700 x 23c onto my HED Jet road rims. Folding tires are nice
but new ones are difficult to mount. I have never had so much
difficulty in the past with any tire than this one.

When it came in the box, it was nice and pancake flat and I wondered
how it'll ever attain the round shape. What I tried doing so far is to
get the tire on the rim without the tube and leaving it on there for
sometime to "stretch out". But the tube is going to be hard as hell
because I don't see any space for it to get in there anyway. Whats the
"pro" technique here, bleeding hands and skill or any less gory way
out?

B.D