Manitou QL Rear Shock Air Pressure

Old July 31st 03, 05:35 PM
swhite44

Default Manitou QL Rear Shock Air Pressure

Fellow MTB Lovers,

I just got a quick question. I have the Manitou QL rear air shock and
it didn't come with any user manual. Looking at their web site
doesn't show any specs or manuals either. So, I come to you with my
question: does anyone know the max PSI to put into these little air
shocks? I think right now I have it at 150psi but want to know how
high I can/should go before I break something...so I don't actually
end up breaking something. I personally don't like too squishy of a
ride so I like it to be pretty tight, only to give on the major drops,
etc. So...any input would be greatly apreshated! Thanks!

-swhite44
Old August 1st 03, 01:07 AM
Super Slinky

swhite44 said...

Fellow MTB Lovers,

I just got a quick question. I have the Manitou QL rear air shock and
it didn't come with any user manual. Looking at their web site
doesn't show any specs or manuals either. So, I come to you with my
question: does anyone know the max PSI to put into these little air
shocks? I think right now I have it at 150psi but want to know how
high I can/should go before I break something...so I don't actually
end up breaking something. I personally don't like too squishy of a
ride so I like it to be pretty tight, only to give on the major drops,
etc. So...any input would be greatly apreshated! Thanks!

-swhite44

http://www.answerproducts.com/newpdfs/Qeng.pdf

I weigh 170# and I have mine set at 115psi. You should check the sag by
tying a wire tie or something around the shock and sitting normally
being careful not to bounce. When you get off, measure the distance the
tie moved. It should be 25% of the travel. Inflate or deflate
accordingly.