Whats you heart rate

Old July 29th 03, 11:04 PM
cyclist101

Default Whats you heart rate

Chris Garwood wrote:
Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

Old July 30th 03, 03:01 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Chris Garwood" wrote in message
Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Do small folk have higher rates than big folk, all else being equal?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old July 30th 03, 04:58 AM
Paladin

cyclist101 wrote in message ...
Chris Garwood wrote:
Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

I've got the same stats as nut.nut above. But recovery rate and VO2
max are also good indicators of cardio fitness. Low blood pressure is
generally a good thing, to.

Paladin
Old July 30th 03, 01:42 PM
cyclist101

cyclist101 wrote:
Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

Correction. I meant cardioVASCULAR. Just finished reading an article on
incidence of pulmonary embolisms when I posted. Sorry. :-)

Old July 30th 03, 03:24 PM
bomba

cyclist101 wrote:

The consistently lowest resting heart rate I'm aware of was tennis star
Bjorn Borg's, which was reportedly 35 bpm. President Bush's is in the
low 40s. Neither man is exactly "smaller folk," but just thought I'd
throw it out.

Miguel Indurain had a resting hr of 26.

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Old July 30th 03, 04:38 PM
cyclist101

bomba wrote:
Miguel Indurain had a resting hr of 26.

I've seen several different rates for Indurain. From Lance's website:

Ever wondered what kind of numbers the boy can generate? Lance's coach,
Chris Carmichael sent us these key stats for LA:

Resting heart rate: 32-34
VO2ml/kg: 83.8
Max power at VO2: 600 watts
Max heart rate: 201
Lactate Threshold HR: 178
Time Trial HR: 188-192
Pedal rpm's during TT: 95-100
Climbing rpm's: 80-85, sometimes faster when attacking
Average HR during endurance rides (4-6 hrs): 124-128
Average watts during endurance rides: 245-280 watts
Training miles/hours, endurance rides: 5- 6 hrs / 100-130miles

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/faq.html

Old July 31st 03, 02:46 AM
troyq

Huw Pritchard wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:45:24 +0100, Chris Garwood did issue forth:
Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Mine's often in the mid 50's myself.
Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad.
Huw "I've got a healthy hear........ *thunk*

"Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad."

Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
from 60 down)...

Old July 31st 03, 03:17 AM
Sorni

"troyq" wrote in message
Huw Pritchard wrote:

"Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad."

Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
from 60 down)...

Read it again, Comprehendo.

*SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

Old July 31st 03, 05:10 AM
troyq

Sorni wrote:
"troyq" wrote in message news:3f28799c-
riot.net.au...
Huw Pritchard wrote:
"Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad."

Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
from 60 down)...

Read it again, Comprehendo.
*SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
corner now.

Troy grateful that his h/r is greater than 1bpm, but not at this moment.

Old July 31st 03, 06:46 AM
Sorni

"troyq" wrote in message
Sorni wrote:
"troyq" wrote in message

riot.net.au...

Huw Pritchard wrote:
"Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad."

Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
from 60 down)...

Read it again, Comprehendo.
*SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
corner now.

Troy grateful that his h/r is greater than 1bpm, but not at this moment.

How dare you take some kidding good-naturedly?!? Get the fvck outta here!!!

Some People Bill

Heart rate monitor -- fix or replace? Palookabutt General 5 July 7th 04 03:50 PM
Resting heart rate, be damned Andrew Price General 8 April 5th 04 05:55 AM
Heart Rate Limits louncov General 2 August 13th 03 02:52 PM
Heart rate recovery Jack General 7 July 15th 03 01:35 PM