Need some help from folks using 24" wheels.

Old July 30th 03, 07:24 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

Default Need some help from folks using 24" wheels.

using 24" in front and 26" in back feels kind of imbalanced.

Any suggestions?

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/help.jpg
Old July 30th 03, 08:05 AM
Sorni

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" wrote in message
using 24" in front and 26" in back feels kind of imbalanced.

Any suggestions?

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/help.jpg

Three words: more stem spacers.

Chopper Bill

Old July 30th 03, 08:36 AM

You should have rode a Schwinn Stingray. 20'' rear and
16'' front .

Fire up MTB 03

Old July 30th 03, 08:43 AM
John Morgan

Yeah, put a 26" on front?

You knew someone was going to say it...

Actually, this looks like another of Pete's camera tricks... that front
wheel is 26" I bet.

hahah, joke's on me.

-John Morgan

Old July 30th 03, 08:44 AM
John Morgan

Two replies to own post.

leet.

-John Morgan

Old July 30th 03, 03:35 PM
bloocow

"John Morgan" wrote in message
Yeah, put a 26" on front?

You knew someone was going to say it...

Actually, this looks like another of Pete's camera tricks... that front
wheel is 26" I bet.

Think so too. I've always wondered how bike mags get the bike to appear
standing but never really bothered to find out or ask. Just assumed Magneto
has a day job too.

bloocow

Old July 30th 03, 06:18 PM
Huw Pritchard

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:24:36 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n did issue
forth:

using 24" in front and 26" in back feels kind of imbalanced.

Any suggestions?

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/help.jpg

Only ride uphill.

If you have to ride downhill, do it backwards.

Huw "29-inch on the back would really kick arse" Pritchard
Old July 30th 03, 07:14 PM
bruce edge

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:24:36 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

using 24" in front and 26" in back feels kind of imbalanced.

Any suggestions?

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/help.jpg

I see why you ditched the Id.
What's it weigh?
Do any climbing on it, or is it just for shuttle runs?
Old July 30th 03, 07:18 PM
John Harlow

using 24" in front and 26" in back feels kind of imbalanced.

Any suggestions?

http://home.pacbell.net/psf0/help.jpg

Send that abomination to me. I'll set you up with a pre-distressed
Diamondback X2; complete with matching wheels (depending on how it's
photographed!

Old July 30th 03, 10:05 PM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:02:11 -0700, "bruce edge"
wrote:

Yes, it climbs pretty well considering the fact that it's a pig. The
Curnutt shock eliminates a surprising amount of seated pedal bob.

Do you ever smack your knees on the dual crown while your climbing standing?

No, but one time the compression damper took a core sample of my knee
when I spun the rear out of the saddle.