Fourth year cycle anomalies

Old January 2nd 21, 12:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default {OT:Toms stupidity.} Fourth year cycle anomalies

On 1/1/2021 4:56 PM, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 10:36:29 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:

Interesting you should note the Spanish American War, and
you're right about the false impetus. I'm halfway through
Mahon's wonderful masterwork on naval strategy and he does
note (1890s) the lack of coaling stations as a severe limit
to US naval power. Problem solved! Thanks, Mr McKinley (and
Mr Hearst)

Unlike the communists posting here we can actually remember that the condition

of the world at that time was colonialism by ALL of the world's strong
powers. The US not only did more or less the same thing but they did
them in a way that endeared them to the people that had been under
Spanish or English rule.

"endeared them to the people that had been under Spanish or English
rule"?

Oh, you mean like the 1899 - 1902 Philippine - American war, where the
Philippines tried to prevent the U.S. from taking over their country?
Didn't that linger on until the 1930's?

It's not over. Mr Duterte is still fighting that fight with
their moslem great grandsons:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...ns-slaughtered

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...pine-town.html

Which has about nil to do with Spaniards or Americans. It's
the religion of peace at their usual craft.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 2nd 21, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Well, except the Philippine - American war, much like the American
Revolution, was fought between an occupying Power and the self
proclaimed National Government.

The present to-do-do seems to be largely a religious war, but is, in
part fueled by resentment of those living in the southern islands
toward those living on "the Big Island". Example, Tagalog (along with
English) is the official language of the Philippines but a totally
different language is spoken in Cebu and points south. If you go "down
south" and speak Tagalog then you are a foreigner.

But then, religion is a serious matter in the Philippines. One group
nails themselves up on a cross for Easter and the other make a
pilgrimage to Mecca.

There is no god but God (but never the twain shall meet) :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 2nd 21, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/1/2021 4:09 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

Examples:
"The US supposedly has 3 times the world average of deaths per 100,000
population"

Nope, the data I see here says that the U.S. death rate for those with
the virus is 1072/million which is 14th (out of 220) in the world.

snip

Those are two very different statistics. One is per population, one is
per the population that tested positive.

What is more relevant is the death rate as a percentage of population.

This is old data:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7318938/bin/gr1_lrg.jpg
but the U.S. was 6x the world average at that time. Remember that the
U.S. reacted very slowly with claims by Trump, and other right-wing
wackos, that the whole thing was a hoax. Face covering requirements came
late in much of the U.S. and we had a lot of super-spreader events due
to Republicans.
Old January 2nd 21, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
News 2021

Default {OT:Toms stupidity again.} OT:Toms stupidity

On Fri, 01 Jan 2021 10:06:17 -0800, Tom Kunich scribed:

The US supposedly has 3 times the world average of deaths per 100,000
population but none of the rest of the world is paying medical
facilities to report covid deaths.

In Australia, every death and its cause has to be reported (no bounties).
Your can count on one hand the number reported as covid-19 impact that
was later corrected to not the primary cause.

So much for 'everyone else is doing it/has one'.
Old January 2nd 21, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 16:57:32 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 1/1/2021 4:09 PM, John B. wrote:

[...]

If you want to calculate deaths per cent population the U.S. figure
is, as of January 01, 2021, 22:16 GMT, 0.10%. Deaths per number
diagnosed with the disease is 1.7% and death rate of those that are
diagnosed with the disease is presently 2.84%.
see https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Note: The death rate is calculated from the total number of those who
have "terminated", the disease by whatever means, versus those that
have died from the Disease.

As for accuracy of the Worldometer figures I do compare their reports
for Thailand with the numbers published here and they do match.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 3rd 21, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 3:27:55 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:

Don't stop there. I read somewhere an article that pointed out that
the tea famously thrown in Boston Harbor would have actually been, due
to a change in English tax laws, cheaper then the tea currently for
sale in Boston :-)

Or (we've discussed this) that the Civil War was fought to "free the
slaves".

Or, perhaps, the newest one - "Black Lives Matter". True but even a
casual glance at statistics shows that the majority of Blacks killed
are killed by Blacks.Why no riots when that happens?

Or, or, or...

You've always read somewhere things contrary to actual history. That appears to be your grasping at a self interpretation of history.
Old January 3rd 21, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 4:57:35 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 1/1/2021 4:09 PM, John B. wrote:

[...]

Do you mean superspreader events like the Antifa and BLM riots in which no one was wearing your sacred masks? Do you mean the takeover of downtown Portland OR and Seattle in which no one wore a sacred mask? Maybe you're referring to the George Floyd riots in which no one wore a sacred mask?

Though we all do appreciate you telling us that the US did much better than other large population countries in having lower rates of death per 100,000 population. Perhaps you might like to tell us why you have different stories for different occasions?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
https://www.emsworld.com/news/122503...eveloped-world
Old January 3rd 21, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/3/2021 2:23 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Do you mean superspreader events like the Antifa and BLM riots in which no one was wearing your sacred masks?

Tom, to disprove "... no one was wearing your sacred masks ..." it's
only necessary to show a photo of _one_ person wearing a mask. Do you
really need an image link showing how foolish you are? You should be
able to find that on your own.

[Full disclosu While we know elementary logic is not part of Tom's
skill set, I wouldn't bother correcting Tom yet again, except that I'm
testing my newsreader. Run along, there's nothing to see here.]

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 3rd 21, 07:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/3/2021 2:23 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

Do you mean superspreader events like the Antifa and BLM riots in which no one was wearing your sacred masks?

Tom, to disprove "... no one was wearing your sacred masks ..." it's
only necessary to show a photo of _one_ person wearing a mask. Do you
really need an image link showing how foolish you are? You should be
able to find that on your own.

[Full disclosu While we know elementary logic is not part of Tom's
skill set, I wouldn't bother correcting Tom yet again, except that I'm
testing my newsreader. Run along, there's nothing to see here.]

So it is your intention to take that literally on the only grounds of saying I was wrong? I'm waiting for you to "out age" me again. Once an asshole, always an asshole and everyone here knows that.
Old January 3rd 21, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 7:43:05 PM UTC, wrote:
On Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

..
So it is your intention to take that literally on the only grounds of saying I was wrong? I'm waiting for you to "out age" me again.

..
Once an asshole, always an asshole and everyone here knows that.

..
Frank-boy only has to look in his mirror to become a world-class expert on assholes. His middle name is surely "Kimberly". See Kimberley, biggest manmade hole in the world at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimber...nd_other_mines
..
Andre Jute
Antecedents