Where to find out????

Old January 14th 06, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Where to find out????

Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

TR

Old January 14th 06, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"TrailRat" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

TR

British Cycling has an online calandar of events at its web site see

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web...eventshome.asp

For time trials, the CTT has an online calendar of open events at

http://www.ctt.org.uk/ then click on 2006 events

Many club web sites have information on events they do.

Audaxes can be found out about via

http://www.audax.uk.net/index2.htm

CTC local rides again advertised on the many CTC local group web sites.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers, helen s

Cheers, helen s

Old January 14th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:28:18 -0800, TrailRat wrote:

Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find out
about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

Pssst... (match flares, showing shadowy figure in a trilby hat).
Follow me, guv.

I guess web pages for your local cycling club(s). Which area are you in?
In the London area, try London Cycling Campaign www.lcc.org.uk
There is also an lccrider email list for LCC and CTC rides in the greater
London area. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lccrider/

For Audax rides I guess http://www.audax.uk.net/cal/index.htm

A CTC member will shine a torch on our little meeting in a minute, and
"Oi! Put that light out and look at the CTC pages".
Ta ta.

ps. Locks Docks and One Smoking Ferry ride today. Meet 10am Cutty Sark,
Greenwich.
Old January 14th 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

TrailRat wrote:
Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

http://www.audax.uk.net/cal/ is one of mine. I'm choosing my big rides for
this year at the moment.

Old January 14th 06, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

in message . com,
TrailRat ') wrote:

Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

Many of the rides discussed here are audaxes, see
URL:http://www.audax.uk.net/cal/index.htm

For the rest, they're organised by a whole range of different clubs and
organisations, and there isn't any central calendar.

Morning had broken. I found a rather battered tube of Araldite
resin in the bottom of the toolbag.
Old January 14th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"TrailRat" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

The CTC newsletter had this link this week:

http://www.ctc.org.uk/events_guide/e...search_eg.aspx

A search engine for events.

Tom

Old January 14th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

John Hearns wrote:
A CTC member will shine a torch on our little meeting in a minute, and
"Oi! Put that light out and look at the CTC pages".

Or, specifically, your local CTC pages, e.g.
URL:http://www.ctcwest.org.uk/ for me.

And keep an eye on the website of your local cycling club, or cycling
campaign if you have one. I tend to check the runs lists at ctcwest and
URL:http://www.bristolcyclingcampaign.org.uk/ if I have a weekend
coming up when the wife and kids are away. Not that I often go on any
of those rides - I generally prefer to plan my own ride with a couple of
friends.

The big organised rides tend to be annual events. If you read about
something and think you'd have enjoyed it, just make a note to check
Google or the event's website 7 or 8 months later to find out if the
dates have been announced for the following year's ride. That's what I
do with Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride (25 June this year, already on my
calendar).

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Subscribe to PlusNet URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/
Old January 14th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

TrailRat wrote:

Apart from the obvious places like cycling magazines how do you find
out about events that take place?
I read all about these rides on here only after they have taken place.
Where are your sources?

www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum has a lot of rides posted by organisers,
usually in the rides section (it's down at the moment while they kick
the trolls off, if only!)

Old January 14th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Cool thanks for the links. My local LCC site is woefully out of date
advertising rides going back to 2003. But the other links, very useful.

Challenge: Find a roundabout design that works Peter McCallum Australia 31 December 10th 05 12:41 AM
can't find correct length spoke Taka UK 13 August 24th 05 06:00 PM
*grumble* I can't find anyone who makes a bike like this... Lobo Tommy General 13 November 11th 04 04:11 PM
Find campion Off Road 1 November 17th 03 09:11 PM
Reflector Rain Capes - Where to Find? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 22 August 22nd 03 07:45 AM