Shimano Ultegra 9-speed Still Available New?

Old March 1st 05, 10:26 PM
chekmate13

Default Shimano Ultegra 9-speed Still Available New?

Steve Sr. wrote:
Bike Folks,

I am working on putting together a semi-custom road bike and looking
for available groupo components. I don't really see the need for
10-speed and I understand that the rear triangle spacing is the same
for both 9 and 10-speed. I am wondering if Shimano Ultegra
(preferably) or Dura-ace is still available in 9-speed. I also have
another bike which is 9-speed so I would have a souce of redundant
spare parts.

Now here comes the custom part. I am looking for a tripple crank with
170mm crank arms. I am also wanting a wide range 12-27 or so cassette
in back. I don't know if this will require a special wide-range rear
deraileur or not. Also the front deraileur has to accommodate a

31.6mm
seat tube.

Am I or my local LBS going to find this groupo or will I have to go
with the new 10-speed setup?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

I just rebuilt my bike a couple days ago with Shimano Ultegra 9 speed.
I didn't use a triple but changed all other items same as you, 12-27
cassette. Try pricepoint.com. I ordered originally from Performance
in December but was backordered still in February, went to Pricepoint,
about the same prices and shipped in one day, arrived 2 days later.

Old March 2nd 05, 06:36 PM
Wasatch5k

chekmate13 wrote:
I just rebuilt my bike a couple days ago with Shimano Ultegra 9 speed.
I didn't use a triple but changed all other items same as you, 12-27
cassette. Try pricepoint.com.

snip!
....went to Pricepoint,
about the same prices and shipped in one day, arrived 2 days later.

I buy everything at Pricepoint! Great customer service. If you want an
awesome deal on ultegra 9 check out-

http://www.chucksbikes.com

Triple crank 170mm $55!!! -- http://www.chucksbikes.com/store/indexcr031.htm

or the entire group for $550!

I bought a group from him earlier this year and built me a bike! Can't
beat this deal.

-Nate

--

Let the bridges I burn light my way...