Is racing only for the young? Brisbane oldie

Old March 6th 07, 11:51 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Money_Shot

Default Is racing only for the young? Brisbane oldie

"Donga" wrote
Gday MS - from another Brissie semi-youth (46). Yes, we race. So do
the real old farts - 70 years + - although I know one guy who is near
80 who is thinking about handing in his licence. Where do you live,
and I can give you some tips on where to ride.

Donga

Thanks Donga.

I'm in Kenmore. I commute to Chermside 3 days a week. Sometimes I ride out
to Redcliffe, but never do I ride Mt Cootha, although lately I've been
thinking about including it in my ride a few days a week. Note only thinking
about it...

One of these days I'll have to get that council CD of the cycle paths!!

So, there is some racing to be had in Bris! Great news.

Old March 6th 07, 09:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Mar 6, 9:51 pm, "Money_Shot" wrote:
"Donga" wrote

Gday MS - from another Brissie semi-youth (46). Yes, we race. So do
the real old farts - 70 years + - although I know one guy who is near
80 who is thinking about handing in his licence. Where do you live,
and I can give you some tips on where to ride.

Donga

Thanks Donga.

I'm in Kenmore. I commute to Chermside 3 days a week. Sometimes I ride out
to Redcliffe, but never do I ride Mt Cootha, although lately I've been
thinking about including it in my ride a few days a week. Note only thinking
about it...

One of these days I'll have to get that council CD of the cycle paths!!

So, there is some racing to be had in Bris! Great news.

Forget the CD, you can find the council paths on the web on
OurBrisbane (the CD should be free, but they want folk to pay for it -
pah!).

Then check www.bikely.com for routes.

As for racing, get onto www.roadgrime.com.au for info about road
riding in SE Qld.

Your closest racing might be the crits run by the Ipswich Cycle Club,
somewhere around Jindalee. It's supposed to be a nice circuit - search
for threads on RoadGrime.

Also check the Nundah crits on Wed evenings in summer - on the way
home from work for you (the long way round). That club (Hamilton Pine
Rivers) also races Nundah on weekends and they have races at the
Lakeside circuit in the north.

Lots of other races too, e.g. Murarrie and on the road.

donga

Donga

Old March 7th 07, 03:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85[_5_]

Donga Wrote:
[...]

All good stuff although roadgrime is:
http://www.roadgrime.com

Event Calendar is he
http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Kalender

Ipswich criteriums are in Wacole Park, in the Synergy Park industrial
wasteland err...estate.

Adam

--
adam85

Brisbane racing adam85 Australia 10 November 4th 05 04:42 AM
Any big names racing at Southbank Brisbane Timmy Australia 1 November 25th 04 11:28 AM
Racing at Southbank Brisbane When ? Albert Australia 1 November 18th 04 12:30 PM
an oldie but a goodie hold my beer and watch this... Racing 1 October 10th 04 04:13 AM
A golden oldie is making the rounds Rhesus Monkey Techniques 6 August 5th 04 04:59 PM