Anyone seen or ridden Swobo's bikes?

Old April 17th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Anyone seen or ridden Swobo's bikes?

TBerk wrote:

I hadn't ever heard of them (they make apparel apparently) but I was
in the local bike shop looking at the TREK Soho S and came across a
Swobo three speed with a front disk brake.

I _like_ having some speeds; the Trek was a fixed gear bike you see.
But it was nice man.

Anywho, the price point between the two was two hundred dollars, in
the Trek's favor- enough to consider buying it over the other and
retrofitting it to suit my needs.

And Trek is NOT known for being less expensive than the competition.

Both bikes were strong, simple, and inky in their paint jobs. Only
thing I would wish for was instead of $200 difference, they'd actually
sell for $200.

The website http://www.swobo.com/ looks entirely to "hip", which is a
great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
about image.

Old April 17th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan Becker

In article , Tom Sherman
wrote:

The website http://www.swobo.com/ looks entirely to "hip", which is a
great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
about image.

The website might be stylish, but the bikes aren't. Those are some
kinda ugly welds.

Dan
Old April 19th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
TBerk

On Apr 16, 7:25 pm, Dan Becker wrote:
In article , Tom Sherman

wrote:
The website http://www.swobo.com/ looks entirely to "hip", which is a
great turnoff for us practical minded people who do not give a damn
about image.

The website might be stylish, but the bikes aren't. Those are some
kinda ugly welds.

Dan

Yeah, the bike looks both 'practical' and at the same time it has
these shopping cart stencils on the seat cover and elsewhere.

I think because they aren't a big company they'd need to charge a bit
more but this seems like a lot for a bike.

(I know, I know.)

The welds to attract the eye, even in person. But on a black frame you
don't see them as much as hi-rez pics w/ studio lighting.

What I'm after is a good strong, low key, efficient bike. (While I'm
selling an impracticable car for a more practical one at the moment- I
spend most of my travels on a bike & transit.)

I've hybridized the Mongoose frame I found in a lot with one bent rim
and missing pieces but sometimes window shopping can drag you in.

TBerk