Is RAAM above the heads of rbr?

Old June 12th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius

Default Is RAAM above the heads of rbr?

rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

Old June 12th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 11, 10:22 pm, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

wake us up when they get to the place where they attach the
contraption that holds the rider's head up.

Old June 12th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius

oups.com...
wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few

times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the

day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits

that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the

abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a

real
race entails.

wake us up when they get to the place where they attach the
contraption that holds the rider's head up.

---------
You have a legitimate point. I think if anyone get's Shermer's neck, it
should be a DNF. Those kind of things are a hangover from Rando, where in
Rando it doesn't matter how you finish. But they're tightening up the rules
there too, especially with safety equipment on night riding. You use to
able to do RAAM without a following vehicle, until someone got killed. So I
agree, the people with Shermer's neck should be DNF'd for safety reasons
alone. And for the rbr folk that seem obsessed with it.

Old June 12th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jun 11, 7:22 pm, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

Dumbass -

troll rating:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old June 12th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

oups.com...
wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the
day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits
that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the
abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a
real
race entails.

Dumbass -

troll rating:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^

You overrate just about everything don't you?

Old June 12th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Colin Campbell

Callistus Valerius wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

RAAM has always been an incredible concept, and the athletes who compete
are incredible, too. But it is basically impossible to follow the race,
so we just wait for the results to be posted, and the one hour summary
weeks later on some network with no golf tournament that Sunday.
Old June 12th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frank Drackman

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
hlink.net...
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the
day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits
that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the
abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

You need better bait...

Old June 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article . net,
"Callistus Valerius" wrote:

oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Screw DQs for Shermer's neck. Screw that wimpy "you get to rest" solo
class, too!

Get back to me when the rule is no penalties, and no time limits!

Old June 12th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Get back to me when the rule is no penalties, and no time limits!

Get back to me when they have some naked hot chicks for podium girls.

Old June 12th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

Callistus Valerius wrote:
rec.bicycles.racing -- nope it's really race around the block a few times
and then go home and try to figure out what to do with the rest of the day.
I'm not going to post about the greatest race in the world, to nitwits that
think an 80 mile race is an ass kicker. Maybe I overestimated the abilities
of people in rbr, maybe they haven't earned an appreciation of what a real
race entails.

Personally I think you have over estimated your ability to discern
exactly what a race is. If you, or the promoters of this farce wanted to
actually make it a race then they would limit it to 8 hours a day in the
saddle. Only then does it become a race and not a contest to see who can
survive the longest without sleep.

Bill

Heads Up Just zis Guy, you know? Social Issues 2 July 5th 05 10:42 PM
raam Dan Gregory UK 1 June 22nd 05 10:30 AM
Cat heads suzyj Australia 12 April 11th 05 02:16 AM
RAAM on TV again wafflycat UK 0 March 9th 05 06:26 PM
Heads up Just zis Guy, you know? UK 6 July 19th 04 09:21 PM