Small cargo nets?

Old February 27th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Small cargo nets?

On Feb 26, 10:12*pm, "
wrote:
deleted
I tried one for a car trunk cargo bed, way too big. *I got one at an
auto parts store, marketed as a motor cycle helmet cargo net. *Just
the right size for a lot of my needs.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Bungee-M.../dp/B001F84PEI
Old February 27th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Feb 26, 10:50*pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:
On 2/26/2010 8:19 PM datakoll wrote:

how's Bend ?
went thru the Gorge highlands then across to the upper John Day-great
driving !! terrific scenery.

whatsamatter ? crippled ?

http://www.google.com/search?q=squar...1I7GGLJ_en&ie=...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...yIS67tPJP-sgPW...

Bend's peachy. The winters can be cold, by some standards. But not cold
enough to tempt me to stay up late at night, going blind from tatting
cargo nets from scratch by lamp light.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

they turned off the electric ?
netting is a meditation: knot knot knot knot patterning good for the
nuerons....
how many knots, not many !
why not use a bag ? go tech.
keeps small objects from falling out. very advanced.
Old February 27th 10, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

http://www.rei.com/product/786436
Old February 27th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Rocket J Squirrel[_2_]

wrote:
On 2/26/2010 8:19 PM datakoll wrote:

how's Bend ?
went thru the Gorge highlands then across to the upper John Day-great
driving !! terrific scenery.

whatsamatter ? crippled ?

http://www.google.com/search?q=squar...1I7GGLJ_en&ie=...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...yIS67tPJP-sgPW...

Bend's peachy. The winters can be cold, by some standards. But not cold
enough to tempt me to stay up late at night, going blind from tatting
cargo nets from scratch by lamp light.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

they turned off the electric ?

No, no, sorry. I was making a (weak) reference to the Irish poor who made
lace by candle light for the rich.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Old February 28th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

forgot.
'87 went across the Palisades to the Ellis Island cemetery above
Jersey City. Large open field at a hillcrest facing the Statue of L.
Brown grass then. desolate among the buried after pre war suburbia.
Driving the 544. The Kennedy family has a huge monument there for
their immigrant parents.
When I walked up to it, down the hill or across the river loudspeaker
opened up welcoming my visit as a cousin !

Me New England (all cousins) French Jewmex Acadian and Spencer....

stopped me. amazing. me, the monument, brown grass cemetery, the
harbor and statute, and 544 down the drive...and the loudspeaker

that is ? one of the American lace making areas....

I have a sail bag abt 2.5'x3' x2.5' nylon 'canvas' with poly zipper-
which gave up under the stress-used it for a huge back rack top bag
shock corded 6-7 diamond crossed

worked well enough.
Old February 28th 10, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

wrote:
[...]

http://www.rei.com/product/786436- Hide quoted text -

dry bags are expensive. bicycle use suggests a hard plastic 'dry box.'
tIn facto, the kayak canoe use suggests a dry box, the bag somewhat
fragile in producing lightness. But getting 2X into the 1X yak or can
space suggests a dry bag at least for one or tworn trips until the
designated FU rips it open. Unseen, unknown-that's designed into the
dry bag concept. Until arrival at Tierra del Fuego with the Canon
soaked in a solution of 22 Cliff bars in salt water.
the bags used here are a system where the commercial bag holds a DIY
light nylon liner bag and a heavier outside nylon container bag.
on packing, we knell, offer thanks to the assembled dieties, sacrifice
a chicken, then push off into the unknown.
Old March 5th 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
I just got a Burley Flatbed trailer for hauling parcels down to the post
office, and for other errands. It comes with a couple of nylon straps to
hold the cargo in place, but I'd to use a cargo net. Anyone know of a
source for small nets?

"http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=67010"
"http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=39867"
Old March 5th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

landotter wrote:

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
I just got a Burley Flatbed trailer for hauling parcels down to the post
office, and for other errands. It comes with a couple of nylon straps to
hold the cargo in place, but I'd to use a cargo net. Anyone know of a
source for small nets?

I got my last one at a bicycle shop. ;-) Motorbike shops should sell a
slightly larger size that would work for you.

Motorcycle shops (smacks forehead with heel of hand) -- of course!

The best ones I have gotten were rectangular, knotted from shock cord
material (bungee) and had three hooks on each end. They were branded
Emgo. They'd be easy to reproduce from shock cord and hooks, but at
$4-6 retail, why would you bother?

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/bungeenet.aspx

Chalo

Cargo Ted General 9 October 20th 06 04:11 AM
FA: Small Arm Warmers, Small and Large Aero Booties carnivore Marketplace 0 October 4th 05 04:38 PM
strange cargo Ray Peace Australia 3 August 29th 05 11:21 PM
FS: Bushnell Custom Tandem (small/small) [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 4th 05 09:07 PM
FS: New Cargo Trailer Mike Marketplace 0 February 5th 05 02:26 AM