Brooke B-66 Saddle Bolts: Size?

Old March 4th 10, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Brooke B-66 Saddle Bolts: Size?

Mike Rocket J Squirrel wrote:
On 3/3/2010 3:33 PM Jay Beattie wrote:

On Mar 3, 3:06�pm,
wrote:
On Mar 3, 2:37�pm, Mike Rocket J Squirrel

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

I deleted that (too late it seems) post as another contributor
corrected
the thread size to 9/32". Sorry.

Horse hockey. There is no 9/32'' thread size in any sizing system I can
find. I'll buy a pint of ale for anyone who can turn up such a thing.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Dear Mike,

Alas, I don't drink the stuff, but ten seconds googling for "9/32" and
brooks shows that Brooks thinks you owe them a drink:

�http://tinyurl.com/yetl4db

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

I'll accept on their behalf. A pint of Mirror Pond would be fitting
since it is brewed in Mr. Squirrel's backyard.
http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...s/default.aspx -- Jay
Beattie.

Pfft. If this part has a 9/32'' thread then I'll buy and ship to you a
/six-pack/ of Mirror Pond!

I, for one, think this is not a nut with some imaginary 9/32'' thread
size in it, but rather it is a part that is called "9/32''" only because
the earlier-mentioned Brooks part list calls it out that way.

To claim your prize, pls provide specifications for the 9/32'' thread
size with a reference. If the particulars check out, I will order this
stupid nut and see if it mikes out to the referenced thread specs. If it
does, then, my friend, you gotcher six-pack of Deschutes Brewer Mirror
Pond Ale.

Until then, I believe that the Brooks parts list contains a typo. I'm
standing by that lightly-assumed opinion and Jute? Go **** yourself.

============
* Hopefully this will be the first of a series of drive-by Jute slams.

There's a WW 9/32"-26 fine (BSF series) listed he
http://www.enginehistory.org/BSFaste...eference_3.pdf

from:
http://www.enginehistory.org/british_fasteners.htm

But the Brooks B.66 spring bolts here are definitely 18tpi.

Not being "standard" (the term "standard" having a temporal
component) may not be relevant to a manufacturer around
since 1866 and known for resistance to change in principle
as well as practice.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 4th 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...efault.aspx*-- Jay
[...]

5/16 Whitworth is 18tpi, so a 9/32" is likely the same (if it existed).
Old March 5th 10, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

"Mike Rocket J Squirrel" wrote in message
On 3/3/2010 9:19 PM Kerry Montgomery wrote:

"Mike Rocket J wrote in
message

wrote:
On 3/3/2010 1:06 PM AMuzi wrote:

[...]

Mike,
I'd like to get in on this beer thing!
4th line in the table:
http://www.conexmetals.com/thread/wh...ine-thread.htm
Kerry

Jay, Kerry and Carl -- I cannot hand-wave away my ignorance so each of you
has won the bet. Take the "golly" out of my email address and send me your
shipping address and I'll take care of the rest.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"
Bend, Oregon

Mike,
You're an honorable man, but my Dr. says my liver doesn't like alcohol any
more.
Just trying to keep up with Carl on web searching.
Have one for me instead,
Kerry

Old March 5th 10, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 07:09:13 -0800, Mike Rocket J Squirrel
wrote:

Jay, Kerry and Carl -- I cannot hand-wave away my ignorance so each of you
has won the bet. Take the "golly" out of my email address and send me your
shipping address and I'll take care of the rest.

Dear Mike,

As Kerry said, thanks, but just have one for me.

Cheers (even though I don't drink),

Carl Fogel
Old March 5th 10, 07:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Carl Fogel wrote:

As Kerry said, thanks, but just have one for me.

Cheers (even though I don't drink),

Smart man.

A little _too_ smart in that regard, if'n you ask me.

Chalo

P.S.: what else could there be to do in Pueblo besides drinking
alcohol or quaking in fear before an indifferent God? Cooking up
methamphetamine? Recreational adultery?

Oh yeah-- cataloging obstructions and delving into a bygone century's
high tech. Got it.
Old March 5th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Mar 4, 11:30*pm, Chalo wrote:
Carl Fogel wrote:

As Kerry said, thanks, but just have one for me.

Cheers (even though I don't drink),

Smart man.

A little _too_ smart in that regard, if'n you ask me.

Chalo

P.S.: what else could there be to do in Pueblo besides drinking
alcohol or quaking in fear before an indifferent God? *Cooking up
methamphetamine? *Recreational adultery?

Oh yeah-- cataloging obstructions and delving into a bygone century's
high tech. *Got it.

Hey, don't dis Pueblo! I rode through there on the Trans Am trail and
bought a semi-frozen German chocolate cake from a convenience store
and ate it with my girl friend at the YMCA youth hostel downtown. A
couple of other cyclists joined in the feast and regaled us with
stories of flat tires from goatheads and attacks by mad dogs. I have
very fond memories of Pueblo -- or semi-frozen German chocolate cake.
One of the two.

I do remember the following day -- camping at a campground over the
Kansas state line. There was a pig farm next door, and the camp
ground proprietor drove around the campground with this giant bug bomb
in the back of his car to kill the biting flies. I thought the car
was on fire until I figured out what was going on. -- Jay Beattie.
Old March 5th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Chalo wrote:
Carl Fogel wrote:
As Kerry said, thanks, but just have one for me.

Cheers (even though I don't drink),

Smart man.

A little _too_ smart in that regard, if'n you ask me.

Chalo

P.S.: what else could there be to do in Pueblo besides drinking
alcohol or quaking in fear before an indifferent God? Cooking up
methamphetamine? Recreational adultery?

Oh yeah-- cataloging obstructions and delving into a bygone century's
high tech. Got it.

Although one normally associates meth more with IA than CO,
WV is this week's "cute news" story:
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/85440012.html

Simon Brooke Nuxx Bar UK 0 August 9th 09 08:29 PM
KH Saddle Bolts Unicorn Unicycling 14 November 12th 08 07:57 AM
KH ISIS Bolts Size! pedrotejada Unicycling 3 September 22nd 08 06:49 PM
saddle size? gollum89 Unicycling 0 December 14th 05 05:45 PM
saddle size? refuze Unicycling 0 December 14th 05 05:40 PM