It's time to thank the rbr faithful

Old May 14th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default It's time to thank the rbr faithful

Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
still a sport.

In a couple week's time, it will be too late; the posers and wannabes and
opportunists who jump in, jab a few times, think they're so cool and then
disappear... those guys will somehow think I'm including them in the
faithful. Yeah right. Just because you come in a couple weeks ahead of the
'Tour and wait until the doping tests are completed before leaving doesn't
get you much cred in my book.

So yes, I'm saying even Anton gets a thank you for being a fair &
foul-weather kind of rbr poster.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old May 14th 11, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 13, 7:24*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
still a sport.

In a couple week's time, it will be too late; the posers and wannabes and
opportunists who jump in, jab a few times, think they're so cool and then
disappear... those guys will somehow think I'm including them in the
faithful. Yeah right. Just because you come in a couple weeks ahead of the
'Tour and wait until the doping tests are completed before leaving doesn't
get you much cred in my book.

So yes, I'm saying even Anton gets a thank you for being a fair &
foul-weather kind of rbr poster.

Man, you really are feeling magnanimous! Does it have to do with
seeing that kid upside down in the car?

Old May 14th 11, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
birdbrain

On May 13, 4:24*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
Just thought it would be a nice gesture, before the TdF crowd inundates us,
to thank the faithful here, those who are here year 'round, as opposed to
the sudden influx of opportunists who sit on the sidelines until Walsh's
latest book comes out and then jump all over anyone who thinks cycling is
still a sport.

I'd like to thank the opportunists who inundate us during the TdF.
OK, I'm not 'us' but I lurk all year and they make it more interesting
in July.
Old May 14th 11, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Old May 14th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Anton Berlin" wrote in message
.

I'd like to thank the opportunists who inundate us during the TdF.
OK, I'm not 'us' but I lurk all year and they make it more
interesting
in July.

We should **** with them and pretend there are no drugs in cycling

No way could we pull that off but it's a inspired idea. Doubt we could
get BL to go along though.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 14th 11, 08:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On May 13, 8:43*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
*.

I'd like to thank the opportunists who inundate us during the TdF.
OK, I'm not 'us' but I lurk all year and they make it more interesting
in July.

We should **** with them and pretend there are no drugs in cycling

Pretend? Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.
Old May 14th 11, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Ben Trovato wrote:
Pretend? Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Rebellin will expose all.
Old May 14th 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
TheCoz

On May 14, 4:28*am, Simply Fred wrote:
Ben Trovato wrote:
Pretend? *Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Rebellin will expose all.

I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
of that.
Coz
Old May 14th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Ben Trovato wrote:
Pretend? Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Simply Fred wrote:
Rebellin will expose all.

TheCoz wrote:
I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
of that.

He has no inside information on the Republic of Borduria, although if he
grows a beard and buys a yacht then he might.

Old May 25th 11, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MyPostingID

On May 14, 10:25*am, Simply Fred wrote:
Ben Trovato wrote:
Pretend? *Of course there aren't any drugs in cycling; this whole
doper hunt exists only to distract from the fact that the races are
all fixed by Bordurian gambling rings.

Simply Fred wrote:
Rebellin will expose all.

TheCoz wrote:
I'm sure Sir Lance-a-Lot could give us some inside information on all
of that.

He has no inside information on the Republic of Borduria, although if he
grows a beard and buys a yacht then he might.

I am a total 100% July person, but I do lurk here year-round.
Sometimes I think about posting, but then I realize, I don't really
know what I'm talking about. Better to remain a lurker. But thank
you all for posting - it is always interesting and sometimes funny.
Or perhaps the other way around.