Damned Central Heating!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 23rd 19, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B Slocomb

Default Damned Central Heating!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:06:42 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-03-23 15:56, John B Slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 09:34:21 -0700, Joerg

On 2019-03-20 11:09, sms wrote:

[...]

There's a big move now to all-electric since the electricity can be
generated without the use of fossil fuels.

Electric? With PG&E as the supplier? I won't touch that with a 10ft pole
for anything where electric power isn't absolutely needed.Yve cooling. No tax
incentives there either because politicians are generally not smart
enough to understand the benefits of that.

You bought a house in a gated community, and you own two cars, and
can't afford electricity?

Please pay closer attention to what was written and, even more so, what
was not written. Premature conclusions are also not wise.

a. We do not live in a gated community. Never did.

Strange that as it has been said more than once that you do live in a
gated community and you have never before refuted it?

b. Our cars are both well over 20 years old and we drive less than
1200mi/year with each of them.

I see, there are no additional costs for using a car if you don't
drive it? Like insurance, etc? Just don't drive them and they are
free?

c. Of course we can afford electricity. However, it is foolish to use a
resource with sky-high prices when there is another much more economical
resource.

How are prices "sky high", assuming that you pay the same rate as
everyone else? They don't have inflation in California? Their minimum
salary isn't "sky high" compared to other states? After all California
has the highest minimum rate of any state in the union. Why shouldn't
their electricity be high also?