FR 3 - Fixed Ride 3 - Sat 3rd Sept 9AM Elsternwick - Open Invite

Old August 24th 05, 12:44 PM
PiledHigher

Default FR 3 - Fixed Ride 3 - Sat 3rd Sept 9AM Elsternwick - Open Invite

All,

An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for
bunch ride through the flat lands.

As per the previous FR's

FR suggestion:

Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (wher
glenhuntley crosses the railway line)

Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
Cross Dandy road
Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longis
bit on beach road)

Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) thos
trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill wher
beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the cloc
tower for a re-group.

Left at warrigal rd
left at como pde (before railwayline)
Left at balcome road
To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
Right onto glenhuntly

Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim bu
not made by me)

For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf

Distance 35.5k for the loop described
Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being th
perfect gear.

Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.

Talk amongst yourself!

PiledHighe

--
PiledHigher

Old August 25th 05, 01:46 AM
DeF

PiledHigher wrote:

All,

An open invite to all the fixed riders (and single speeders) for a
bunch ride through the flat lands.

As per the previous FR's

FR suggestion:

Start: At the cafe on the corner of Gordon St & Glenhuntly Rds (where
glenhuntley crosses the railway line)

Down rusden street and around to the right (past daily planet)
Cross Dandy road
Left at new street (longish bit down here to brighton beach)
Left at beach rd (old skool crossing gates across railway line) longish
bit on beach road)

Along beach road the bunch split (basically by gear inches) those
trailing off turn left at Charman rd (beaumaris - top of the hill where
beach rd has the bike lane) and then left at Balcome Rd to the clock
tower for a re-group.

Left at warrigal rd
left at como pde (before railwayline)
Left at balcome road
To Clock tower at black rock (re-group here) and right onto beach rd
Right back onto St kilda street (at the right from left bit)
Right onto glenhuntly

Coffee in Glenhuntly (and best muffins ever - i know, huge claim but
not made by me)

For more info Look for the FR1, FR2, RR:FR1 & RR:FR2threads.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adenhollander/fr_map_1.pdf

Distance 35.5k for the loop described
Ascent 145m nothing too stressful
Fixed I assume that the average will be 28/29kph
Fixed gear from 65 to 75, was the range last time, with 69 being the
perfect gear.

Watch out for triathletes on beach road when riding funny bikes.

Talk amongst yourself!

PiledHigher

Looks Great, pity I'm in Perth. Any fixie rides in Perth?

In case anyone needs reminding, www.fixedgeargallery.com is
the place for fixie-porn. Mine is #1020 from 2004.

DeF

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

Old August 27th 05, 08:14 AM
Koon Yong

Me too

Koo

--
Koon Yong

Old September 2nd 05, 12:11 AM
PiledHigher

Koon Yong Wrote:
Me too

Koon

Is it just the three of us? Dutchy, Dave?????

--
PiledHigher

Old September 2nd 05, 01:50 AM
Bikesoiler

PiledHigher Wrote:
Is it just the three of us? Dutchy, Dave?????

Me too!

The new SS is coming out.

--
Bikesoiler

Old September 2nd 05, 05:50 AM
flyingdutch

PiledHigher Wrote:
Is it just the three of us? Dutchy, Dave?????

One word.

farversdai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
flyingdutch

Old September 2nd 05, 05:59 AM
PiledHigher

flyingdutch Wrote:
One word.

farversdai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's sunday!

--
PiledHigher

Old September 2nd 05, 02:29 PM
Resound

"PiledHigher" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Well, I'm not working, so I just asked the girlfriend to poke me when whe
gets up at 7am. See you there

Old September 3rd 05, 03:37 AM
Resound

"Resound" wrote in message

[...]

She didn't poke me awake, and I managed to sleep through her alarm. Arses.