Chicago Area Cycling

Old March 8th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
John Everett

Default Chicago Area Cycling

A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old March 8th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
fluffy bunny

In article ,
John Everett wrote:

A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

Looking good.

I would offer the addition of the Kane County Bike Map, which is very
very nice. http://www.co.kane.il.us/DOT/COM/Bicycle/

He might consider the possibility of perhaps adding duplicate buttons
for paths that span counties, for example, The IPP ultimately terminates
in Kane County in Aurora, Batavia, Geneva and Elgin.

The Illinois State bike map page
http://www.dot.state.il.us/bikemap/bikehome.htm
has a lot to be said for it, with clickable maps and a link for ordering
paper maps.

Nice effort on your friend's part.

..max
Old March 8th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
nash

"John Everett" wrote in message

A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)

Exactly what we need here in Beautiful BC

Old March 8th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides

On Mar 8, 11:11 am, John Everett
wrote:
A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

Pretty good. I'm interested, because I plan to visit there.

Here are a couple suggestions. I'm not sure how difficult they'd be
to implement.

First, could there be some map, even a simple one, to show the general
location of the trails, shops, & maybe clubs? For an out-of-towner,
locating these things would require lots of trial and error, trying to
correlate with a wider area map.

Second, a really nice addition would be a link to an area-wide cycling
map showing recommended roads, if such a thing exists. Those of us
who prefer riding roads instead of bike paths can profit from knowing
which roads are more pleasant.

But it's a nice resource. Thanks.

- Frank Krygowski

Old March 9th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bob

On Mar 8, 3:11 pm, wrote:
On Mar 8, 11:11 am, John Everett

wrote:
[...]

Frank-
If you drop me a line with your general plans (when you're planning to
be in the area, where you'll be staying, how much riding you want to
do, etc) I'll be glad to at least try to answer any questions you
have. I may even have an old Chicagoland Bike Federation map I could
give you. I believe you have my email address.
Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old March 9th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bob

On Mar 8, 10:11 am, John Everett
wrote:
A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)

I think you're right. Kudos to Mr. Lewis.
Regards,
Bob Hunt

Old March 9th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Mike A Schwab

http://www.chicagobikeshops.info/ Maps and reviews by on bike
reviewers.
http://bikewinter.org/ Event schedule
http://icebike.org/ General tips
http://www.chicagocriticalmass.org/ (contains video links)

On Mar 8, 3:11 pm, wrote:
On Mar 8, 11:11 am, John Everett

Old March 9th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Mike Kruger

Another Chicago area bicycling information resource. This one is more
city-oriented. It has links to local bicycling forums, and hosts the Stolen
Bike Registry. It would probably make sense for each site to reference the
other.

http://www.bikechicago.info/

Old March 9th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
John Everett

On 8 Mar 2007 13:11:41 -0800, wrote:

On Mar 8, 11:11 am, John Everett
wrote:
[...]

Joe has even provides a page where you can submit these suggestions
directly to him. See:

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/contact.htm

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old March 9th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
John Everett

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:14:08 GMT, "nash"
wrote:

"John Everett" wrote in message
.. .

A friend of mine (and fellow Naperville Bicycle Club member) Joe Lewis
has put together a new web site with information about trails, clubs,
rides, shops, etc. in the Chicago area. I've been checking it out this
morning and I think he's done a great job.

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/index.htm

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)

Exactly what we need here in Beautiful BC

I just noticed Joe has included one important resource of general (not
Chicago related) interest. See:

http://chicagotrails.netfirms.com/recalls.htm

Then again this may be only applicable in the US.

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)