Mountain Bike Questions

Old November 8th 04, 05:27 AM
djajabaru

Default Mountain Bike Questions

Hello, I have a couple questins regarding Dual Suspension and Freeride
(heavy duty) type mountain bikes. I looking to find the least expensive
Aluminum frame, with dual suspension,with hydraulic disc brakes. What
would you recommend?

What would have to spend to get the above features

Are hydraulic brakes better then cable controled disc brakes?

With Dual Suspension bikes is there a differnce between hydraulic and
spring types, are there any other types?

Feel free to reply to this forum or send me a email at

Note, I live in Miami, Fl. I also possibly looking buy a used mountain
bike with dual suspension, hydralic disc brakes, and aluminum frame.

--
djajabaru

Old November 8th 04, 06:56 AM
Mr_Kingkillaha

djajabaru Wrote:
Hello, I have a couple questins regarding Dual Suspension and Freeride
(heavy duty) type mountain bikes. I looking to find the least expensive
Aluminum frame, with dual suspension,with hydraulic disc brakes. What
would you recommend?

What would have to spend to get the above features

Are hydraulic brakes better then cable controled disc brakes?

With Dual Suspension bikes is there a differnce between hydraulic and
spring types, are there any other types?

Feel free to reply to this forum or send me a email at

Note, I live in Miami, Fl. I also possibly looking buy a used mountain
bike with dual suspension, hydralic disc brakes, and aluminum frame.

"Least expensive" and "heavy duty" are not freinds. Wal-Mart sells the
cheapest bike that fits that description (but with mech. disc), but you
probably shouldn't ride it if you plan on living very long.

--
Mr_Kingkillaha

Old November 8th 04, 10:16 AM
AndyC

"djajabaru" wrote in
message ...

Hello, I have a couple questins regarding Dual Suspension and Freeride
(heavy duty) type mountain bikes. I looking to find the least expensive
Aluminum frame, with dual suspension,with hydraulic disc brakes. What
would you recommend?

What would have to spend to get the above features

Are hydraulic brakes better then cable controled disc brakes?

With Dual Suspension bikes is there a differnce between hydraulic and
spring types, are there any other types?

Feel free to reply to this forum or send me a email at

Note, I live in Miami, Fl. I also possibly looking buy a used mountain
bike with dual suspension, hydralic disc brakes, and aluminum frame.

--
djajabaru

I think the best answer would be another question...
"What kind of riding are you going to be doing?"

It's a bit like buying a car, you'd feel silly buying a sportscar if you
were constantly having to go along rough tracks, but you may not want an SUV
if you were doing starship mileage...

And, as the other poster alluded to, there's a wealth of difference between
a £200 & £2500 (Yes pounds, I'm British!) bike, and its more than just the
spec, it's ability and focus too!

I'm very sure that if you were to say something along the lines of:
"I'm planning on doing 50% severe off-road/FR, 10% mild DH, 30% XC and 10%
road, and my budget is $xxxx what does everyone recommend?" that you'll get
some really good answers...

AndyC

p.s. For what it's worth, I'd recommend a Heckler with Z1s and a 5th for the
above riding! ;o)