Virginia Routes?

Old October 15th 04, 09:35 PM
James Cassatt

Rt 28 has been the scene of a number of fatal automobile accidents.
Rt 29 is a busy 4 lane highway with no shoulder. I would not ride
either unless Iwanted to commit suicide. There is a bood that lists
long rides around the DC area. I will check it and see if I can get
you a route.

peter wrote in message . ..
I'm going to be doing some touring in Virginia soon. I need
some route advice.

Is there a good way to get from Manassas to Charlottesville?
I was thinking of taking Rt 28 to Remington, Rt 29 to Culpeper, 522
and 615 to Orange, 15, 231, and 22 to Charlottesville. Is this a good
route? Anyone have a better one?

Is Rt 29 the best to ride from Charlottesville to Lynchburg?

Is 221 from Lynchburg to Roanoke a good ride?

TIA

Peter

Routes in YORKSHIRE rossoreduk UK 5 December 6th 04 11:16 AM
What do you think are the 'Classic Routes' for bike touring? gianni Rides 21 June 30th 04 08:28 PM
For all Virginia cyclists: support SB 252 and SB 101 Luigi de Guzman General 29 March 5th 04 03:58 AM
Safe Routes to School Question Tim Smith General 10 October 7th 03 09:32 PM