Ancient Order of Badger - first half-century

Old May 22nd 04, 02:32 PM
Badger_South

Default Ancient Order of Badger - first half-century

53 miles Three hours, 45 minutes.

Yay, me. ;-D

First blood at 29 miles - jumped up 'OMG hope the bike is OK, so I don't
have to stop!'

-B

Old May 22nd 04, 06:44 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 22 May 2004 09:32:26 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:
53 miles Three hours, 45 minutes.

Yay, me. ;-D

Congrats!

First blood at 29 miles - jumped up 'OMG hope the bike is OK, so I don't
have to stop!'

Must be something genetic in your family, with the constant road
crashes.

Here it is almost 2pm, my riding time is dwindling to nearly
nothing, but I spent the morning working on bikes. I guess I'll try
to put in some good miles on Monday night.
--
Rick Onanian
Old May 22nd 04, 08:44 PM
Eric S. Sande

Must be something genetic in your family, with the constant road
crashes.

Here it is almost 2pm, my riding time is dwindling to nearly
nothing,

Yep, I just put the cornbread in (I'm not kidding), and I figure I
can ride to the grocery store for butter and beer before it rises.

Hooah.

It's like 90 degrees in DC and humid.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old May 22nd 04, 09:04 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

53 miles Three hours, 45 minutes.

Yay, me. ;-D

First blood at 29 miles - jumped up 'OMG hope the bike is OK, so I don't
have to stop!'

-B

Congrats :-) It's nice getting those sorts of distances in, isn't it! Hope the
blood flow is stemmed by now.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 22nd 04, 09:27 PM
Roger Zoul

Badger_South wrote:
:: 53 miles Three hours, 45 minutes.
::
:: Yay, me. ;-D
::
:: First blood at 29 miles - jumped up 'OMG hope the bike is OK, so I
:: don't have to stop!'

Good for you, Mr. 15-mile minirides. That's a big jump, ain't it?

I only got 42 miles in today....I cut it short as the back of my knees were
hurting??????

I think it is those reverse hyperextensions in the gym....or I need to make
adjustments to the saddle...but I don't think it's the latter as I've not
had this problem before....and I just started doing those
hyperextensions....

Did you get the new bike yet?

Old May 22nd 04, 10:44 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 22 May 2004 15:44:23 -0400, "Eric S. Sande"
wrote:
Yep, I just put the cornbread in (I'm not kidding), and I figure I
can ride to the grocery store for butter and beer before it rises.

Hooah.

I wish _I_ had fresh cornbread! All I've got to show for my day is a
hastily put together, badly fit TT bike...but at least it's ridable
now. Oh, and a newly-maladjusted road bike.

Care to share any particularly yummy cornbread recipes?

It's like 90 degrees in DC and humid.

58 degrees, cloudy/overcast/dark, and clammy here in RI. And a
little bit windy.

4pm, I finally decided I better do some damn riding. Decided to do
my own mock TT, road bike against TT bike. Drove 'em both to a bike
path, started riding, and was immediately cold. I just can't win.

For the short run I ended up doing of probably 1/2 mile or so,
though, the TT bike was faster, even as badly fit as it was.
--
Rick Onanian
Old May 22nd 04, 11:15 PM
Eric S. Sande

Care to share any particularly yummy cornbread recipes?

I just do what it says on the Arrowhead Mills bag, except that I
subsitute olive oil for the regular grease. I also add more honey
than is recommended and some cinnamon.

It comes out fine. It isn't REAL Southern cornbread with bacon
drippings and so forth, but it tastes fine!

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old May 23rd 04, 01:27 PM
H. M. Leary

In article , "Eric S. Sande"
wrote:

Must be something genetic in your family, with the constant road
crashes.

Here it is almost 2pm, my riding time is dwindling to nearly
nothing,

Yep, I just put the cornbread in (I'm not kidding), and I figure I
can ride to the grocery store for butter and beer before it rises.

Hooah.

It's like 90 degrees in DC and humid.

Same weather here, and like the idiot I am, I rode a metric with the younger
crowd. Averaged 18.65mph according to the computer.

If there is a God, and she/he has any mercy, I should be dead by this afternoon!

I thought that with age came wisdom.

HAND

--
"Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness"

Old May 23rd 04, 02:11 PM
curt

If knees hurting, double check saddle height and make sure it is high
enough. You probably already know that, but just in case. I was having
knee problems and raised that saddle and problems stopped.

Roger you are really kicking on your rides. Nice distances!

Curt