polar IR interface

Old August 2nd 03, 01:33 PM
Nimrod

Default polar IR interface

Don Vescio wrote:
I also have a Dell/XP computer and had a similar problem. I'm pasting
the message that I received from Polar to fix this problem, which did
eventually work. Note that you must uninstall all Polar Performance
software, including the USB interface drivers and disconnect the USB IR
device before reinstalling the software.
If you do a search on Polar's site, you'll find a simple application
called USB uninstall. Run the normal Windows uninstaller first, and then
run the Polar USB uninstaller. Install the Polar Performance software
from the CD, install the software update mentioned below, and then
connect your USB IR reader. Do the install logged in as Administrator.
The USB drivers are still flaky, and there are times when I have to
unplug/plug in the USB IR reader to make everything work correctly. All
in all, their WinXP implementation is cludgy, but workable.
Don
FROM POLAR:
Dear Mr. Vescio,
The drivers for the USB connected interface are installed when
installing/updating the software version PPP SW 3.02.007 or later. You
will find the software updates at the following URL:
http://www.polar.fi/supporthttp://www.polar.fi/support
Please note: When updating or installing the software the Polar IR
Interface must NOT be connected into the computer's USB port. Installing
differently will cause problems.
After updating process you can connect the interface. By default the USB
Interface Auto Check function is on i.e. if the Polar IR Interface for
USB port is connected the software detects it automatically and uses it
in IR communication.
Connect the interface and press the HR monitor button on the toolbar of
PPP SW 3.0 to see if the yellow led in the interface flashes. If not
check that the interface is connected properly. You can try the
communication if the interface does not flash; only the led may be
defective. Also the IR element may be broken although the led flashes.
Possible things for malfunctioning
The USB interface with the drivers must be installed with the
instruction In the user's manual of the interface. The most important
thing is to have the interface NOT connected into the USB port when
installing/updating the software for the first time that the USB drivers
are not installed. If the interface/drivers are not installed with the
manual instruction remove the USB drivers using the attached program.
Then disconnect the interface from the port. To install the drivers
again run the update file for the version PPP SW 3.02.007 or later. You
must have administrator rights to install drivers to the operating
system. It is possible to install the software with user rights but USB
drivers are not installed. The software gives the error message that
installation is not successful although it is only the USB driver
installation which is not complete. Installing without administrator
rights may cause problems later when installing the USB drivers with
administrator rights.
"Rick Roof" wrote in message news:v1sek0fcqiq-
Just got a interface to download workouts to my computer. I cant
get the interface to work. I have a new dell computer with XP on it
and a polar

710
with IR interface. I plug in the interface and the computer says found

new
hardware but it wont work. I have the polar software installed and I
put the monitor in connection mode and click on connect on the
computer but nothing happens. Any solutions? Thanks for the help.

Rick

I've tried all of this and I've tried on an other computer with XP...but
IR don't work. The installation seems good but nothing appened. I'll
tried on Windows 2000 and if still don't work, return it to the shop.
I"M VERY DISAPOINTED BY THIS PRODUCT...375 € for that...****!

Old August 2nd 03, 03:59 PM
warren

In article , Nimrod
wrote:

Don Vescio wrote:
...I plug in the interface and the computer says found
new
hardware but it wont work. I have the polar software installed and I
put the monitor in connection mode and click on connect on the
computer but nothing happens. Any solutions? Thanks for the help.

Rick

I've tried all of this and I've tried on an other computer with XP...but
IR don't work. The installation seems good but nothing appened. I'll
tried on Windows 2000 and if still don't work, return it to the shop.
I"M VERY DISAPOINTED BY THIS PRODUCT...375 € for that...****!

You need to have the interface plugged into your computer before you
power up/boot/start the computer. I use a Belkin serial adapter plugged
into the serial port on my laptop. The (serial) IR interface is plugged
into the Belkin adapter.

-WG