7 in Puerto Doping Case to Stand Trial

Old November 25th 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default 7 in Puerto Doping Case to Stand Trial

Seven people arrested in conjunction with the 2006 Operation Puerto
doping scandal are likely to face charges in a Spanish court over claims
that they helped cyclists blood dope.

The seven include Dr. Eufemiano
Fuentes, a medical doctor who has advised dozens of professional
cyclists, and former Pro Tour team manager Manolo Saiz. Operation
Puerto, a years-long investigation into doping in professional cycling
and other sports, resulted in a ban for cyclist Ivan Basso and
implicated many of the sports most prominent riders, including Tyler
Hamilton, Jan Ullrich, Alexandre Valverde, and Alberto
Contador.

Contador is this week defending himself against a 2010
positive test for the banned steroid clenbuterol.

MORE
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...CoN_story.html

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old November 25th 11, 10:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Why do you use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
GB does not mean Great Britain in this case, you know.
Old November 25th 11, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Why do you use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
| GB does not mean Great Britain in this case, you know.

Gee I dunno

Just that it seems to get the job done efficiently

Kraut
äöüß«»

Froggy
*âæùûüÿ’

Czech
ťúůžáčďéě*ňóřš

Esperanto
ĉĝĵĥŝ*—“”

Suomi
äåö’”

Hunkie
áé*öóőúű

Iceland
áæðé*óöþúý

IPA Limey
æɑəəɚɜɛɝɝɪɪ̈ɒɔʊʊ̈ʌðɫŋʳɹʃɾ ʃθt̬ʒ

IPA-FULL
ɑæɐɑ̃βɓʙçðd͡ʒɖɗəɚɵɘɜɝɝɛ̃ɞ *ɢɥħɪ̈ɨʝɟʄ ETC ad infinitum

WOP
*èéìòóù

MAORI
āēīōū

IVAN
ёяшертыуиопющэасдфгчйкльж зхцвбннм

ETC, ETC....

*ɘt͡ʃ t͡ʃɦə ɪ̈d͡ʒɑ̃ ŋøɰ ?

It has several other benefits

Since I travel frequently, often to places that use different alphabets,
with a certain application installed on my box, it enables me to
type correctly in other alphabets at will.

Of course I change the charset from time to time in the faint vain hope
that it might screw up some New World Order Kommi Kunt's hard drive.

But Great Britain? That land mass the the west of Helgoland? It's
probably the Worlds biggest ******** full of the refuse from the Turd
World. Nobody calls themselves "British" any more. Certainly not me.

PLONK

Old November 25th 11, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 25/11/2011 13:46, Davey Crockett wrote:

But Great Britain? That land mass the the west of Helgoland? It's
probably the Worlds biggest ******** full of the refuse from the Turd
World. Nobody calls themselves "British" any more. Certainly not me.

I take it you're not a big fan of immigration, well it's to late now, the
Islamification of Britain continues apace, can't say I'm too happy about it
myself but there you go, the dickheads that allowed it to happen were voted in
to office democratically. The fact that the voters who did it were more
interested in reading newspapers full of news about celebrity bonking rather
than what was really going on in the world is probably beside the point. BTW the
flag of some Anglo-Saxon marauders isn't the flag of the English. The flag of
Boudicca would be ...if she had one.

Old November 25th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Davey Crockett wrote:

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Why do you use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
| GB does not mean Great Britain in this case, you know.

Gee I dunno

Just that it seems to get the job done efficiently

so does UTF-8.

PLONK

Admit it. You did not know what GB_2312 means.

--
Michael Press
Old November 25th 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 25/11/2011 22:29, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Davey wrote:

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Why do you use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
| GB does not mean Great Britain in this case, you know.

Gee I dunno

Just that it seems to get the job done efficiently

so does UTF-8.

I'm afraid it doesn't since I'm now seeing écrit instead of écrit in your UTF-8
encoded post.

Old November 26th 11, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Davey wrote:

"A. Dumas" a écrit profondement:

| Why do you use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GB_2312
| GB does not mean Great Britain in this case, you know.

Gee I dunno

Just that it seems to get the job done efficiently

so does UTF-8.

I'm afraid it doesn't since I'm now seeing écrit instead of écrit in your UTF-8
encoded post.

Blame my newsreader and me, not UTF-8. I am looking for
a replacement for MT Newswatcher because it does not do
internationalization very well. I will hand code a
reply and send it so you can see, but later for that.

--
Michael Press
Old November 26th 11, 12:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

On 26/11/2011 02:36, Michael Press wrote:
Blame my newsreader and me, not UTF-8. I am looking for
a replacement for MT Newswatcher because it does not do
internationalization very well.

Thunderbird is satisfactory for me. Adjusting the fonts and sizes for
all different encodings is tedious, though, and I can't seem to find a
way to killfile posts or threads based on sender (or other header
criteria). The filter interface exists but filters seem to have no
effect; maybe they only work for mail, not news. Then again, "killfiles
are for pussies." Manual ignoring of threads and subthreads does work well.

One essential 'advanced' config entry: mailnews.nav_crosses_folders=0.
Old November 26th 11, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

A. Dumas wrote:
Thunderbird is satisfactory for me. Adjusting the fonts and sizes for
all different encodings is tedious, though, and I can't seem to find a
way to killfile posts or threads based on sender (or other header
criteria). The filter interface exists but filters seem to have no
effect; maybe they only work for mail, not news. Then again, "killfiles
are for pussies." Manual ignoring of threads and subthreads does work well.

One essential 'advanced' config entry: mailnews.nav_crosses_folders=0.

Try setting up a local newserver eg http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/.
In the config file for example I have:

only_groups_pcre = rec\.bicycles\.

so I don't have to download all the alt.binaries.sex groups and
and in /etc/leafnode/filter I have

Newsgroups:.*[, ]alt.machines.cnc$
^Newsgroups:.*[, ]alt.machines.cnc,

because even though I'm not a pussy, Kurgan's cnc friends are a trifle
tiresome.
Old November 30th 11, 10:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Michael Press a crit profondement:

| Admit it. You did not know what GB_2312 means.

Davey knows very well what gb2312 is and although there have been
changes made to it, most of the world, in practice, still use it instead
off the updated and renumbered versions.

He travels very frequently, often to parts of the world where they use
strange scripts and alphabets. Luckily gb2312 handles everything quite
well and so it is used by him whenever there is need to portray
characters not able to be processed by utf8 or the 2byte utf16 extended
version.

gb2312 does rather well and will handle any characters in any
alphabet, except, I believe, some ancient chinese languages.

The most significant problems encountered are engendered by MUAs,
majordomos and other forum management applications which do not
recognize, or having recognized, cannot handle the gb2312 charset.

Davey never uses a charset of greater complexity, capacity or
abstruseness than is necessary to get a job done and in fact has set his
MUA (emacs/gnus) to make the decision with the proviso that he can
override the MUA selection and use any other he likes.

For example if he wanted to write "War and Peace" in Russian, he would
use ӧۧߧ ާڧ (converted, but not translated, it is actually "Voyna i Mir")
But he does have quite a few others available as required :

Supplementary character sets are shown below.

CHARSET-NAME D CH FINAL-BYTE
------------ - --- ----------
adobe-standard-encoding 1 224 none
alternativnyj 1 256 none
arabic-iso8859-6 1 96 G
ascii 1 128 B
big5 2 191 none
big5-hkscs 2 191 none
chinese-cns11643-1 2 94 G
chinese-cns11643-15 2 94 none
chinese-cns11643-2 2 94 H
chinese-cns11643-3 2 94 I
chinese-cns11643-4 2 94 J
chinese-cns11643-5 2 94 K
chinese-cns11643-6 2 94 L
chinese-cns11643-7 2 94 M
chinese-gb2312 2 94 A
chinese-gbk 2 191 none
control-1 1 32 none
cp00858 1 256 none
cp1047 1 256 none
cp1125 1 256 none
cp1250 1 256 none
cp1251 1 256 none
cp1252 1 256 none
cp1253 1 256 none
cp1254 1 256 none
cp1255 1 256 none
cp1256 1 256 none
cp1257 1 256 none
cp1258 1 256 none
cp154 1 256 none
cp437 1 256 none
cp720 1 256 none
cp737 1 256 none
cp775 1 256 none
cp850 1 256 none
cp851 1 256 none
cp852 1 256 none
cp855 1 256 none
cp857 1 256 none
cp858 1 256 none
cp860 1 256 none
cp861 1 256 none
cp862 1 256 none
cp863 1 256 none
cp864 1 256 none
cp865 1 256 none
cp866 1 256 none
cp866u 1 256 none
cp869 1 256 none
cp874 1 256 none
cp932 2 256 none
cp936 2 191 none
cp949 2 255 none
cyrillic-iso8859-5 1 96 L
ebcdic-uk 1 256 none
ebcdic-us 1 256 none
eight-bit 1 128 none
emacs 3 256 none
gb18030 4 256 none
georgian-academy 1 256 none
georgian-ps 1 256 none
greek-iso8859-7 1 96 F
hebrew-iso8859-8 1 96 H
hp-roman8 1 256 none
ibm1047 1 256 none
ibm850 1 256 none
ibm866 1 256 none
iso-8859-1 1 256 none
iso-8859-10 1 256 none
iso-8859-11 1 256 none
iso-8859-13 1 256 none
iso-8859-14 1 256 none
iso-8859-15 1 256 none
iso-8859-16 1 256 none
iso-8859-2 1 256 none
iso-8859-3 1 256 none
iso-8859-4 1 256 none
iso-8859-5 1 256 none
iso-8859-6 1 256 none
iso-8859-7 1 256 none
iso-8859-8 1 256 none
iso-8859-9 1 256 none
japanese-jisx0208 2 94 B
japanese-jisx0208-1978 2 94 @
japanese-jisx0212 2 94 D
japanese-jisx0213-1 2 94 O
japanese-jisx0213-2 2 94 P
japanese-jisx0213.2004-1 2 94 Q
jisx0201 1 224 none
koi8 1 256 none
koi8-r 1 256 none
koi8-t 1 256 none
koi8-u 1 256 none
korean-ksc5601 2 94 C
latin-iso8859-1 1 96 A
latin-iso8859-10 1 96 V
latin-iso8859-13 1 96 Y
latin-iso8859-14 1 96 _
latin-iso8859-15 1 96 b
latin-iso8859-16 1 96 f
latin-iso8859-2 1 96 B
latin-iso8859-3 1 96 C
latin-iso8859-4 1 96 D
latin-iso8859-9 1 96 M
mac-roman 1 256 none
mik 1 256 none
next 1 256 none
pt154 1 256 none
ptcp154 1 256 none
ruscii 1 256 none
symbol 1 224 none
tcvn-5712 1 256 none
thai-iso8859-11 1 96 T
thai-tis620 1 96 T
tis620-2533 1 256 none
ucs 3 256 none
unicode 3 256 none
unicode-bmp 2 256 none
unicode-sip 2 256 none
unicode-smp 2 256 none
unicode-ssp 2 256 none
viscii 1 256 none
vscii 1 256 none
vscii-2 1 256 none
windows-1250 1 256 none
windows-1251 1 256 none
windows-1252 1 256 none
windows-1253 1 256 none
windows-1254 1 256 none
windows-1255 1 256 none
windows-1256 1 256 none
windows-1257 1 256 none
windows-1258 1 256 none
windows-936 2 191 none

-------------- Supplementary Character Sets --------------
Character sets for defining other charsets, or for backward compatibility

arabic-1-column 1 94 3
arabic-2-column 1 94 4
arabic-digit 1 9 2
assamese-cdac 1 256 none
bengali-akruti 1 256 none
bengali-cdac 1 256 none
chinese-big5-1 2 94 0
chinese-big5-2 2 94 1
chinese-sisheng 1 94 0
cp932-2-byte 2 189 none
cp949-2-byte 2 190 none
devanagari-akruti 1 256 none
devanagari-cdac 1 256 none
eight-bit-control 1 32 none
eight-bit-graphic 1 96 none
ethiopic 2 94 3
gb18030-2-byte 2 191 none
gb18030-4-byte-bmp 4 10 none
gb18030-4-byte-ext-1 4 10 none
gb18030-4-byte-ext-2 4 10 none
gb18030-4-byte-smp 4 10 none
gujarati-akruti 1 256 none
gujarati-cdac 1 256 none
indian-1-column 2 94 6
indian-2-column 2 94 5
indian-glyph 2 96 4
indian-is13194 1 94 5
ipa 1 96 0
japanese-jisx0213-a 2 94 none
kannada-akruti 1 256 none
kannada-cdac 1 256 none
katakana-jisx0201 1 94 I
katakana-sjis 1 63 none
lao 1 94 1
latin-jisx0201 1 94 J
malayalam-akruti 1 256 none
malayalam-cdac 1 256 none
mule-lao 1 256 none
mule-unicode-0100-24ff 2 96 1
mule-unicode-2500-33ff 2 96 2
mule-unicode-e000-ffff 2 96 3
oriya-akruti 1 256 none
oriya-cdac 1 256 none
punjabi-akruti 1 256 none
punjabi-cdac 1 256 none
sanskrit-cdac 1 256 none
tamil-akruti 1 256 none
tamil-cdac 1 256 none
telugu-akruti 1 256 none
telugu-cdac 1 256 none
tibetan 2 94 7
tibetan-1-column 2 94 8
vietnamese-viscii-lower 1 96 1
vietnamese-viscii-upper 1 96 2

--
Davey Crockett
Merry Christmas

FS: Ultimate Repair Stand Travel Case Barbour Warren Marketplace 0 January 9th 08 02:26 PM
French court clears Millar in Cofidis doping case Jason Spaceman Racing 1 January 21st 07 05:09 PM
Belgian doping trial Kenny Racing 11 October 6th 05 10:12 AM
Article on Tyler Hamilton doping case in the NY Times Jeff Racing 70 May 16th 05 05:15 PM
Fired for taking a stand against doping?! hippy Australia 3 February 4th 05 10:58 PM