Cranks destroyed

Old May 23rd 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Universal Unicorn

Default Cranks destroyed

What a disaster! But kind of a good disaster.

I finally, finally got those bolts off. Had to enlist my very strong
neighbor, and even he couldn't loosen it until we oiled it up well and
he applied all his might.

Then, I looked at the cranks and something wasn't right. It took me a
while to figure it out. They -are- splined cranks!

This was a surprise to me because I was pretty sure that the
description of the unicycle I bought did not say splined, but in fact,
'this' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1057) is my
unicycle. I was confused because this was -not- the one I ordered.
Apparently, I got a free upgrade, without even knowing it. They were
just switching over to the new Nimbus II with ISIS hubs when I ordered
and I got the new one for the price of the old one.

So I have the wrong cranks and the wrong tool. The good news is, I can
return the cranks at least and get some of my money back. The bad news
is, the correct cranks cost more. However, the bike shop will do the
work for me (no more DIY for me, no thanks) very cheap since it is such
a quick job (ha ha I've wasted quite a bit of time on this already, I'll
spare you the rest of the story).

No unicycling for me until at least the middle of next week.

--
Universal Unicorn

placeholder for signature

Cranks destroyed Brian O. Unicycling 2 May 22nd 08 03:46 AM
Cranks destroyed Universal Unicorn Unicycling 8 May 21st 08 09:37 PM
Destroyed Quadriceps Mikefule Unicycling 9 May 23rd 06 12:57 AM
Mountain Bikers Angry About Their Illegal Jump Being Destroyed (was They destroyed our jump spot :() spademan o---[\) * Social Issues 19 August 27th 04 03:05 AM
Ullrich DESTROYED Lance! Rene Clancy Racing 27 July 20th 03 11:46 PM