A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bike facilities and othe Lunatic ideas

Old June 30th 14, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Free Spirit
external usenet poster

Default Bike facilities and othe Lunatic ideas

"You make a lot of false assumptions. Conservatives do not oppose alternatives to oil and coal. I have no truck with oil and coal. Pursuing a reliable, dependable, sustainable, cleaner form of energy is a worthy goal. Build nuclear power plants, and retire dirty coal plants as these new power plants come online.

What I oppose is corrpupt politicians and bureaucrats using their positions within goverment to reward their crony corporations with taxpayer money.

Biofuels will not be a suitable replacement for oil, it uses up fresh water and farmland, inreases the amount of phosphates and nitrates that work their way into our rivers and lakes, overall it is a waste of energy and resources.

BTW, Bush was no conservative, unless by that you mean he was a religious and social conservative."

You can have corruption with productive infrastructure, or you can have corruption with junk infrastructure. They'll find the way to dump money one way or the other.

I see them dumping money in junk infrastructure such as unconnected bike lanes. Productive infrastructure provides fast gives us fast trains and wind energy. It is said the bullet trains in Japan were the product of juicy contracts but they are providing a very effective service. Bicycles is a great investment but infrastructure may be unnecessary according to my proposal: Take the lane on major thoroughfares and let the cars go around you on the next lane. Japan doesn't have much bike infrastructure either, but their solution falls short of my proposal, giving full rights to the cyclists.

It may be said that placing a colony on the moon is a junk investment --product of GW Bush' imagination. In this case he had this "wild imagination" that would cost as much as the war in Iraq. It sounds like a lunatic idea to me.

By the way, do you know the reason for the insurgency in Iraq? Some say the Sunnis are fighting because the government is corrupt and because they are ignored.

------------------------------------------------

"The jungle has never been this much fun!"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Ads
Old June 30th 14, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Free Spirit
external usenet poster

"I don't think individuals at the pump care where the gas they are pumping into their vehicles came from. It is the industrial military machine that decides what countries to invade. I never got a letter in the mail asking my opinions on the topic."

We give them a blank and check and they get it for us.

Never ask too many questions.
Old July 1st 14, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Free Spirit
external usenet poster

"I don't think individuals at the pump care where the gas they are pumping into their vehicles came from. It is the industrial military machine that decides what countries to invade. I never got a letter in the mail asking my opinions on the topic."

We give them a blank check and they get the precious commodity for us.

Never ask too many questions.