Facebook Hate Group

Old November 23rd 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Facebook Hate Group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204973430&ref=nf

In the group info:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.
Old November 23rd 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
david lloyd

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204973430&ref=nf

In the group info:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

Report it to the police.

David Lloyd

Old November 24th 07, 07:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Tom Crispin wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204973430&ref=nf

In the group info:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

Frankly, I already knew that some muppets exist. It's reassuring to see
how it only has 36 members.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old November 24th 07, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Tom Crispin said the following on 23/11/2007 19:17:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

I can't see this because it wants me to log in, but is there a site
administrator this can be reported to? Incitement to kill must surely
be a criminal offence these days?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old November 24th 07, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
renum

Paul Boyd wrote:
Incitement to kill must surely
be a criminal offence these days?

Not unless you sport a long beard and a turban.
Old November 24th 07, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

"Paul Boyd" usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote in message
Tom Crispin said the following on 23/11/2007 19:17:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

I can't see this because it wants me to log in, but is there a site
administrator this can be reported to? Incitement to kill must surely be
a criminal offence these days?

The big mistake is to take the existence of the group seriously...

To see the group you have to log on as you've said and even when you've
logged on you are unlikely to stumble across it unless the group has a
member that is loosely linked to you through one of your friends or social
groups.

Folk who use Facebook have too much time on their hands ;-)

I prefer using stumbleupon www.stumbleupon.co.uk to waste my time at the
keyboard. At least there's a chance that i'll find something useful ;-)

Old November 24th 07, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Helen

On Nov 24, 7:49 am, Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:
Tom Crispin said the following on 23/11/2007 19:17:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

I can't see this because it wants me to log in, but is there a site
administrator this can be reported to? Incitement to kill must surely
be a criminal offence these days?

--
Paul Boydhttp://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

http://www.facebook.com/report.php?i...0&h=7e3e68127e

Facebook say "We will NOT remove groups just because you disagree with
the statement being made." but also list "Attacks individual or group"
as one of the possible reasons for removing a group. I guess it's a
fine line between allowing freedom of speech and disallowing hatred
against certain groups. Presumably in Facebook's eyes, there are forms
of hate group that fall on one side of that line and those that don't.
I can't see anything about killing cyclists on there, then again you
have to join by special request so can't see the contents of the
discussions.

If you search for "cyclist" in the groups on the site, it comes up
with at least as many anti-cyclist groups as pro. Sad, really... I
always get tempted to join and have a go at them but then decide my
time's worth more than arguing with these idiots.

Hel
--
http://bikehippies.blogspot.com/
Old November 24th 07, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_2_]

Helen wrote:

[...]

Don't take it so personally. It's a joke, Literally and obviously.

You can find far more websites containing arguments against the
interests of the nuclear family, the home-owner, the adult male and
(especially) the car driver. Given that background, I have no doubt
that the Facebook members concerned are possessed of an acute sense of
irony. Some others should try it some time.

And perhaps some of them should remember: "Do unto others as you would
have them do unto you", because sometimes, some of them *will* do unto
you.
Old November 24th 07, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

renum wrote:

Paul Boyd wrote:
Incitement to kill must surely be a criminal offence these days?

Not unless you sport a long beard and a turban.

What do Sikhs have to do with anything?

Old November 24th 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Paul Boyd
('usenet.is.worse@plusnet') wrote:

Tom Crispin said the following on 23/11/2007 19:17:

"This group was created by people, for people, who do not like
cyclists for various reasons. We are entitled to our view that
cyclists are at best a self-righteous bunch of road whores".

It also discusses the best way to kill cyclists.

I can't see this because it wants me to log in, but is there a site
administrator this can be reported to? Incitement to kill must surely
be a criminal offence these days?

Jeremy Clarkson has incited people to kill cyclists in the columns of that
august journal, 'The Sun'. Neither he nor the honoured editor of said
periodical have, so far as we know, been interrogated by the authorities
in this regard. Just remember: incitement to kill infidels is a very
serious offence, resulting in lengthy jail terms. Incitement to kill
cyclists is a joke, and one is lacking in a sense of humour if one takes
offence at it.

Myself, I wouldn't incite anyone to kill Jeremy Clarkson. Hanging him up by
the testicles (if he has any) over a spike sharp enough to penetrate his
skull (if such a thing is possible) - and leaving him to rot there -
would, however, be a symbolic act of great humorous potential. We would
laugh and laugh.

;; my other religion is Emacs

Facebook CoyoteBoy Mountain Biking 16 September 1st 07 02:49 AM
Facebook with iBike Bean Long Australia 4 July 13th 07 03:42 PM
My very own hate group koebwil Unicycling 0 December 29th 05 10:02 PM
My very own hate group koebwil Unicycling 1 December 29th 05 09:54 PM
My very own hate group koebwil Unicycling 1 December 29th 05 09:50 PM