Finally found you

Old August 5th 08, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Finally found you

As an occasional visitor to this forum on cyclingforums.com, I was
dismayed to find that the forum was apparently dead. I've finally
managed to find the forum on google groups and so here I am.

Glad to see the antispam measures implemented.
Old August 5th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
lardyninja

Paul Boyd wrote, On 05/08/2008 15:09:
I hope google aren't still using our posts on usenet to generate income
for themselves?

Unlike most of the other sites which hijack usenet content, at least
Google provides a service in return by archiving it.

LN

Old August 5th 08, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

On 5 Aug, 15:09, Paul Boyd wrote:
said the following on 05/08/2008 14:25:

I've finally
managed to find the forum on google groups and so here I am.

...and as this forum has nothing to do with googlegroups, you will find
that many people will automatically killfile you. *Anything to do with
googlegroups, gmail or googlemail is more likely to be spam than genuine
posting so often gets blocked en masse. *This is a usenet group,
designed to be used in a usenet browser, not via a website hijacking the
content.

I hope google aren't still using our posts on usenet to generate income
for themselves?

Really?
Old August 5th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:09:25 +0100, Paul Boyd
wrote:

said the following on 05/08/2008 14:25:
I've finally
managed to find the forum on google groups and so here I am.

...and as this forum has nothing to do with googlegroups, you will find
that many people will automatically killfile you. Anything to do with
googlegroups, gmail or googlemail is more likely to be spam than genuine
posting so often gets blocked en masse. This is a usenet group,
designed to be used in a usenet browser, not via a website hijacking the
content.

I hope google aren't still using our posts on usenet to generate income
for themselves?

and you are straight in to the problem on this group -
jobsworths/****wits telling you what you can do and what you can't in
this group. (It;s privately owned by a clique - don't you know?)

Why the hell it should matter to anyone how you access this group - I
do not know?

You will have to learn to put up with this sort of attitude.
if you become a regular.

Anyway - welcome and I for one hope that you find the group useful.

Old August 5th 08, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 5 Aug, 15:09, Paul Boyd wrote:
said the following on 05/08/2008 14:25:

I've finally
managed to find the forum on google groups and so here I am.

...and as this forum has nothing to do with googlegroups, you will find
that many people will automatically killfile you. Anything to do with
googlegroups, gmail or googlemail is more likely to be spam than genuine
posting so often gets blocked en masse.

But, but, but, (blubb), if you do away with gmail access, you'd lose
me!

Old August 5th 08, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 05/08/2008 17:19, judith said,

Judith. Will you just once, just ****ing once, read the post that
you're ****ing replying to and at the very least try to ****ing
understand it.

Then **** right off, will you?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 5th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 05/08/2008 16:02, lardyninja said,

Unlike most of the other sites which hijack usenet content, at least
Google provides a service in return by archiving it.

I must admit that I didn't realise it archives back as far as it does,
and the advertising is far more subtle than it used to be so maybe
they've taken the hint :-)

It is still true though that the vast majority of spam that attempts to
head my way comes via one or other of google's services (along with
Hotmail and Yahoo)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

WMD finally found [email protected] Racing 16 October 12th 06 10:09 PM
Finally found live Giro (RAI) feed Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 20 May 17th 06 05:37 PM
Ah, I finally found "the greatest bike race photo"... [email protected] Racing 12 July 20th 05 07:25 PM
Finally found the noise Gags Australia 7 April 4th 05 05:27 AM
Finally found some UK grind pedals! Loosemoose Unicycling 2 April 26th 04 12:43 AM