(Sub)Urban

Old January 8th 04, 10:56 AM
Per Elmsäter

Default (Sub)Urban

Per Elmsäter wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:
"spademan o---[) *" wrote in
message ...

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in
message ...

"JD" wrote in message
om...
All of these long-travel armor-wearing dilweeds who think they are
inventing something by using an urban environment to get rad on
their bikes are only kidding themselves. They are a bunch of
pussies compared to the kids of the 70's.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we.../010404014.jpg

JD wishing I had snapped a photo of Cary Glenn jumping a rigid bmx
off of his roof..

Those crazy kids are still at it, heres a link to a pic of a lad in
alt.bmx posted a few months back:

Steve.

****

Okay this should definitely be it.

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...30922-duckjump.
jpg

I think you need some help

URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...0030922-duckju
mp.jpg

If you wanna know how I did it I delimited the URL with URL: in the
beginning and a at the end. It works most of the time but not with all
versions of OE. I'm running OE 6.0 now and it seems to work OK.

--
Perre

Old January 8th 04, 12:36 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"andrew smith" wrote in message
link.net...
"JD" wrote in message
om...
All of these long-travel armor-wearing dilweeds who think they are
inventing something by using an urban environment to get rad on their
bikes are only kidding themselves. They are a bunch of pussies
compared to the kids of the 70's.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we.../010404014.jpg

JD wishing I had snapped a photo of Cary Glenn jumping a rigid bmx off
of his roof..

Driveways ruled. I lived in a small town that had many raised sidewalks
that gave you a 2 ft ramp.

We built a bunch of bicycle race tracks w/ jumps, whoops, etc. in the
mid-70s.

Used to jump ramps made of stacked housebricks and old planks when I was a
kid, on a Raleigh Chopper. Think I may still have the scars to prove it...

Shaun aRe

Old January 8th 04, 12:39 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
Per Elmsäter wrote:
spademan o---[) * wrote:
"spademan o---[) *" wrote in
message ...

"spademan o---[) *" wrote in
message ...

"JD" wrote in message
om...
All of these long-travel armor-wearing dilweeds who think they are
inventing something by using an urban environment to get rad on
their bikes are only kidding themselves. They are a bunch of
pussies compared to the kids of the 70's.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we.../010404014.jpg

JD wishing I had snapped a photo of Cary Glenn jumping a rigid bmx
off of his roof..

Those crazy kids are still at it, heres a link to a pic of a lad in
alt.bmx posted a few months back:

Steve.

****

Okay this should definitely be it.

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...30922-duckjump.
jpg

I think you need some help

URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...0030922-duckju
mp.jpg

Still wraps wrong for me, as you can see above.

Shaun aRe - still, if you can't fix a bad wrap, you oughta stick to playing
on a Megadrive.

Old January 8th 04, 01:45 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message

I think you need some help

URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...0030922-duckju
mp.jpg

If you wanna know how I did it I delimited the URL with URL: in the
beginning and a at the end. It works most of the time but not with all
versions of OE. I'm running OE 6.0 now and it seems to work OK.

I did that. I always do that... Yours wraps too. I've given up, what am I
some sort of computer programmer?

Steve.

Old January 8th 04, 02:29 PM
kantspel

If you wanna know how I did it I delimited the URL with URL: in the
beginning and a at the end. It works most of the time but not with all
versions of OE. I'm running OE 6.0 now and it seems to work OK.

--
Perre

Maybe you should take a look at tinyurl.com, it works splendidly and
eliminates any wrapping problems. It only takes a second to create one.

Old January 8th 04, 06:52 PM
Per Elmsäter

kantspel wrote:
If you wanna know how I did it I delimited the URL with URL: in the
beginning and a at the end. It works most of the time but not with
all versions of OE. I'm running OE 6.0 now and it seems to work OK.

--
Perre

Maybe you should take a look at tinyurl.com, it works splendidly and
eliminates any wrapping problems. It only takes a second to create
one.

I don't need TinyURL. Since I have no problems
--
Perre

Old January 8th 04, 07:04 PM
Per Elmsäter

URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...0030922-duckju
mp.jpg

Are you saying that this link above is not completely clickable? It comes
out just fine for me. However yours still don't.

TinyURL is OK but a little tedious, both to produce and also a little slower
to open.

The techique I use is Standardized protocol that came in the beginning of
time ( internet ) Most Newsreaders honor these protocols, but as usual Bill
Gates doesn't always, only sometimes and you never know when. As I said I
use IE 6.0 and OE/ Quotefix

Since the delimitors and dissapear and become invisible once you hit
Enter I'll write the above URL again only this time I will substitute and
for £ and $ just to show where the hidden delimitors are.

£URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...20030922-duckj
ump.jpg$

--
Perre

Old January 8th 04, 07:09 PM
JD

"Scott G" wrote in message ...
They are a bunch of pussies
compared to the kids of the 70's.

Nice bike. Looks like the one I had as a kid.

A modified Schwinn Stingray maybe?

It was a POS Murray and Jeff destroyed it in about six months. The
modified StingRays always outlasted the KMart bikes.

JD
Old January 8th 04, 07:11 PM
JD

"MattB" wrote in message ...
JD wrote:
All of these long-travel armor-wearing dilweeds who think they are
inventing something by using an urban environment to get rad on their
bikes are only kidding themselves. They are a bunch of pussies
compared to the kids of the 70's.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we.../010404014.jpg

JD wishing I had snapped a photo of Cary Glenn jumping a rigid bmx off
of his roof..

Nice photo! Is that you? I still love hitting those little curb ramps on the
way to the trails.

Nah, it was a neighborhood kid, Jeff Sievers. He kept manualling that
bump in front of his house, so I just snapped a shot. It musta been
about 1975 or so.

JD
Old January 8th 04, 07:12 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 at 19:04 GMT, Per Elmsäter penned:

URL:http://mypage.bluewin.ch/interpolato...0030922-duckju
mp.jpg

Are you saying that this link above is not completely clickable? It
comes out just fine for me. However yours still don't.

I use console-based readers. Anything over 80 lines is bound to be
truncated for me. Hence, I like tinyurl =)

--
monique