Storing wheelsets

Old June 1st 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Default Storing wheelsets

On Thu, 31 May 2007 22:57:18 -0500, A Muzi wrote:

wrote:
And that's better than a 95-cent hook in mid-air because. . .?

FOOLPROOF! NO LIBERAL MORON'S GONNA WALK INTO THE 145 degree ATTIC
WITH A TUBA4
AND BASH URINE RIMS WHEN DAZE BOXED!

beyond that, whose sealing heights allow hanging rims? BRANDT'S
CASTLE?
ok let's measure Brandt's sealings!
yawl could hangem from the garage sealing, wow! now there's a hot
idea.
do we have time for several hundred horoor stories on fragile
equipment stored in accessible spaces?

OK, we enjoy 14 ft ceilings here. But at my house a regular under-8 ft
basement still has a wheel rack at one end of the room. YMMV but this
doesn't have to be complex.

There are no basements in Florida.

Ron
Old June 1st 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

listen Andrew, could be yawl stuck here?
rim hanging is art not storage.

Old June 1st 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

wrote:
listen Andrew, could be yawl stuck here?
rim hanging is art not storage.

Excellent suggestion!
Line starts here. View my spare wheels, 25c a peek.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old June 2nd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

A GALLERY! good idea! where's JB? climbing the Saar this weekend? Now
S. Brown has a collection-wonder what state they're in?
The Ibisus-raleigh front is 17 years old according to recent unfounded
opinions! with brake prep good for another three weeks fersure!
maybe cycledog's question is: where should I not store wheels?
the attic is a terrible idea less yawl live in Michigan-the grease'll
run out!

Old June 3rd 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark

still me wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:50:19 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

There are no basements in Florida.

Ron

All that sand... seems easy to dig. Why not ?

High water table, I expect.

Mark J.
Old June 3rd 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

basements are more expensive than above grade: think furnace/coal/root
cellar/chimney effect/heat rises-and there's the pennsylvania bank
barn earth heat factor-also for the nonfreezing root cellar-the iceman-
remember? my grandfather bought a first fridge in 1952? and i got to
see the last iceman.
florida like illinios-see map-is a flat swamp. the water doesn't drain
off it slowly goes straight down.
great riding. clean air. breeze. blue sky. 365! the tourists go home
and when a hurricane everyone goes home and a backwind can blow yawl
alond at 35 no problem.

Old June 4th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

still me wrote:
All that sand... seems easy to dig. Why not ?

When you dig, it's a well, not a basement.

Old June 4th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

there's a point here. I puntificate
once upon, as with refrigeration, there was no fiberglass insulation
or synthetic under concrete slab insulation. A Basement with a furnace
kept the feet warm and heat, without electric fans, rising upwards
thru holes in the floor.
The basement, something of an appendix, still insulates from freezing
ground temps by going down to a depth (and there's a chart available
if you search for it) where summer's warmth holds. There's heat pump
value in this.
But here in Fla, who needs heat? the place I'm at faces NE and sports
a deck sprouting from the alcove cut away from what would be a square
building: the deck shades, the exterior walls never get direct sun,
and the slab on grade stays between 61-80 without heat or A/C.
The problem with the appendix is gross bone headedness or
ossification. Nearly 25-30% of energy wasted could be saved thru
building codes designed to do what I'm living in for the northern
states.
One interesting experience with total sand is the sand ridge which is
seen by going to NOAA radar
and asking for Lake Placid, FL. You'll briefly see a relief map with
ridges up the state's center.: that's a sandbar!!
In the ocala national forest at the sandbar's northern point, you can
stand on the Ocean's divide where 50' west brings you to the Gulf and
east to the Atlantic: very different places.
When a 100 mph squall comes thundering over dumping 5-6 inches in an
hour, streams of runoff run down hill and shaaazaaam! flow right into
the ground in a 50 square foot area and disappear into the sand with
out leaving a gurgle.
But where its flat...water sits and breeds "biting insects"

Storing bikes long term PhilD UK 8 July 22nd 06 03:48 PM
Storing Tubies... Phatykoko Techniques 9 July 14th 05 06:51 AM
Storing bikes in Frankfurt just us Australia 1 January 23rd 05 09:11 AM
Storing NiMH Batteries Drinky UK 4 April 15th 04 07:52 PM
Storing coker in trunk wentz Unicycling 2 March 16th 04 03:36 AM