Lance Armstrong worst spokes-doper ever

Old December 3rd 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Lance Armstrong worst spokes-doper ever

Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...f-last-month/1

Old December 4th 11, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Dec 3, 12:38*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/12/electric...

My neighbor has a Volt, very nice car. It should be, it cost him 46K.
I heard the plug-in version of the Prius is going to sell for just
over 30K.
Old December 13th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Dec 4, 1:23*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
On Dec 3, 12:38*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/12/electric...

My neighbor has a Volt, very nice car. It should be, it cost him 46K.
I heard the plug-in version of the Prius is going to sell for just
over 30K.

Make sure your fire insurance is paid up
Old December 14th 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Dec 13, 3:31*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:
On Dec 4, 1:23*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Dec 3, 12:38*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/12/electric....

My neighbor has a Volt, very nice car. It should be, it cost him 46K.
I heard the plug-in version of the Prius is going to sell for just
over 30K.

Make sure your fire insurance is paid up

The Prius will cost $10K more than an equivalent car that does say
30mpg. With the $10K saved, this will buy you 3000 gallons of "fool"
to go another 90 000 miles. Good game.
Phil H
Old December 14th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Dec 14, 1:29*pm, Phil H wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:31*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:23*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Dec 3, 12:38*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/12/electric...

My neighbor has a Volt, very nice car. It should be, it cost him 46K.
I heard the plug-in version of the Prius is going to sell for just
over 30K.

Make sure your fire insurance is paid up

The Prius will cost $10K more than an equivalent car that does say
30mpg. With the $10K saved, this will buy you 3000 gallons of "fool"
to go another 90 000 miles. Good game.
Phil H

Well, there are always externalities. For example, if you
fight a $3 trillion war in part to keep the price of gas at $3 a
gallon or less, and the cost of the war is divided over of
order 200 million persons of driving age, that's $15K per person,
which could upgrade your car by $10K and leave $5K
over for a pretty nice, although admittedly not up to Fattie
Masters-class, bicycle.

Fredmaster Ben

Old December 15th 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Dec 14, 1:29*pm, Phil H wrote:
On Dec 13, 3:31*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:23*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Dec 3, 12:38*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

Even the spontaneously combusting IED known as the Chevy Volt outsold
the Nissan Leaf last month.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...11/12/electric...

My neighbor has a Volt, very nice car. It should be, it cost him 46K.
I heard the plug-in version of the Prius is going to sell for just
over 30K.

Make sure your fire insurance is paid up

The Prius will cost $10K more than an equivalent car that does say
30mpg. With the $10K saved, this will buy you 3000 gallons of "fool"
to go another 90 000 miles. Good game.
Phil H

That's why when I was looking for a fuel-efficient small car to
replace my premium-guzzling E36 M3, I bought a Honda Fit Sport. $18K,
40 mpg on trips, 30-35 mpg in standard city driving, regular fuel, 5
star safety ratings from all angles, very low maintenance. Ideal car
IMO would be a similar sized car with a 1.2L turbodiesel, similar to
the first-gen Audi A2 (which recorded 78 mpg on the euro hwy cycle).
Old December 16th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

We've examined the math of hybrids and overpriced diesels and it only
works out if one drives 50k-70k miles a year or gas goes up to $30 + a
gallon.

Like many solutions the best is to USE LESS
Old December 19th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted Haskell

On Dec 16, 8:57*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
We've examined the math of hybrids and overpriced diesels and it only
works out if one drives 50k-70k miles a year or gas goes up to $30 + a
gallon.

Like many solutions the best is to USE LESS

Use less is indeed the most effective savings measure. However, if you
assume some car usage, and a new car, the arithmetic for hybrids can
be pretty good. You just use a projected lifetime for the car (I like
150 K miles--most new cars are good for that), divide by a
conservative (not EPA) mpg to see what the lifetime usage of gasoline
will be. Multiply that by the cost of fuel per gallon, add the price
of the car and you have a lifetime cost of fuel plus car to compare.
Using conservative 42 mpg for a Prius and conservative fuel price of
$3.50 per gallon, you'll spend $5000 less on gas over the life of the
the Prius compared to a 30 mpg car. That pretty much covers the
premium for the hybrid drive. Any increases in fuel price and your
savings are greater. Since the Prius has similar funtionality to Camry
class cars, the really good news is that there's no cost premium--
Camry and Prius are priced similarly, as are most cars in that class.
The Prius is not as deluxe, but it has similar or better passenger and
cargo room.
Old December 20th 11, 09:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Ted Haskell a écrit profondement:

| On Dec 16, 8:57*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
| We've examined the math of hybrids and overpriced diesels and it only
| works out if one drives 50k-70k miles a year or gas goes up to $30 + a
| gallon.
|
| Like many solutions the best is to USE LESS

| Use less is indeed the most effective savings measure. However, if you
| assume some car usage, and a new car, the arithmetic for hybrids can
| be pretty good. You just use a projected lifetime for the car (I like
| 150 K miles--most new cars are good for that), divide by a
| conservative (not EPA) mpg to see what the lifetime usage of gasoline
| will be. Multiply that by the cost of fuel per gallon, add the price
| of the car and you have a lifetime cost of fuel plus car to compare.
| Using conservative 42 mpg for a Prius and conservative fuel price of
| $3.50 per gallon, you'll spend $5000 less on gas over the life of the
| the Prius compared to a 30 mpg car. That pretty much covers the
| premium for the hybrid drive. Any increases in fuel price and your
| savings are greater. Since the Prius has similar funtionality to Camry
| class cars, the really good news is that there's no cost premium--
| Camry and Prius are priced similarly, as are most cars in that class.
| The Prius is not as deluxe, but it has similar or better passenger and
| cargo room.

Gas/Petrol is free on your Trans-America or Trans-Europa Credit Card.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English