It's a giant step forward for mankind (and bicycle racing)!

Old December 25th 11, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default It's a giant step forward for mankind (and bicycle racing)!

On Dec 24, 12:04*pm, Brad Anders wrote:
On Dec 24, 7:45*am, atriage wrote:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...visited_200823
UCI bans aero-bottles.
puts head in hands and weeps uncontrollably

The UCI is really ****ed up. New technologies, regardless of their
actual value, drive interest in the sport, bring in new sponsors, and
keep the bike industry healthy. Every fatty master I know spends gobs
of money on this ****. If there isn't a racing outlet for it, it goes
away.

The UCI doesn't give a rat's ass about the health of
the part of the bike industry that is capable of innovation.
They'd be just as happy or happier if all bike frames were
still made out of round steel tubes overheated while
hearth brazing by in small Euro workshops by grizzled
men who smell like cheese.
(Disclosu I'm basically perfectly happy with round steel
tube bikes, myself. Overheating less so.)

But we need to remember two things, or maybe just one:
Fat Master Triathletes are more than ready to spend way too
much money buying speed with trinkets such as aero
water bottles, and nothing the UCI does is going to keep
manufacturers from making bank in that market. And
we should be thankful for the UCI's last-ditch attempts to
keep bike racers from looking like tri-geeks.

If I see any of you RBR monkeys out there training with
shaped bottles between your aerobars and a ****ing Sippy Straw,
I'm going to have to go all Magilla on your aerobellies.

Happy Christmas to all, goddamnit,
Fredmaster Ben
Old December 25th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 12/25/2011 03:30 AM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
On Dec 24, 12:04 pm, Brad wrote:
On Dec 24, 7:45 am, wrote:

[...]

Aero bars and sippy straw never but I want shaped bottles, it's such a
bitch when the lines of your bottle don't match the lines of your bike.
Old December 25th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Dec 24, 12:04 pm, Brad *wrote:
On Dec 24, 7:45 am, *wrote:

[...]

I only have round bottle cages, so... really stoopid, but moot.
But level saddles make my sit-down hurt! OW! I know they don't care...
(Merry Christmas/Happy New Year specifically, Happy Holidays
generally!)
--D-y
Old December 27th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

I'd forgotten about tri-geeks, you're right, they're our geek
equipment saviors. A steady supply of carbon-festooned bits will
forever flow. God bless.
Old December 28th 11, 11:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

They ****ed up my plans to race inside of a 55 gallon aero water
bottle that enclosed the entire bike. The rider was to be immersed in
cooling water and breathe through a snorkle. It was a golden idea
until those ****ers at the UCI must have gotten wind of it.