Of recumbents

Old November 14th 05, 02:01 AM
Jon Senior

Default Of recumbents

A ride with David Gardiner (Of Laid Back cycling fame) has produced a
couple of photos of Hooves 2 in motion. They can be found at the bottom
of the build page http://www.hoovesofdestiny.co.uk/version2.html [1].

The other issue concerns versions 1 & 1.5. These are currently sat at
work but for various reasons[2] I need to get shot of them. They are
free to a good home. Obviously someone in the Edinburgh vicinity would
be better but I'll ship them within the UK for postage costs.

Make no mistakes. These are not complete bikes. The original suspension
forks are also available, although I'd prefer them to go with one of the
frames. They may however provide a starting point for a wannabe home
builder who needs a prod in the right (?) direction.

Version 1 is fine (And has stopped snapping due to the triangulation at
the rear!) but flexes a little and the bottom bracket mount could do
with a rebuild (It's at a slightly wonky angle!). Version 1.5 is
basically just heavy. The chain routing is less than perfect (Tends to
slap the chainstay) and the welds are ugly, but it does work and would
make a good training bike (I defy you to not get fit climbing hills on it!).

In the event that I can't rehome them, they will probably end up
suffering the business end of a cutting disc. It'd be a shame, but they
do have to go.

Jon

[1] Apologies if the URL is still not in a usable format. Did we ever
reconcile the various formatting techniques and find one that worked for
everyone?
[2] I'm off to Paris in the new year. I currently have no accommodation
/ job / sanity, but I have high hopes for the first two.
Old November 14th 05, 10:58 AM
MSeries

Jon Senior wrote:

................................................. ................. The original suspension
forks are also available, although I'd prefer them to go with one of the
frames. They may however provide a starting point for a wannabe home
builder who needs a prod in the right (?) direction.

Mmmm, I know someone who needs some replacement forks, not sure whether
they need quill or Ahead, suspect the latter. I guess the steerer
length needs to be the same ? Maybe we can do business.

[2] I'm off to Paris in the new year. I currently have no accommodation
/ job / sanity, but I have high hopes for the first two.

For good ? Will you be there in August 2007 for PBP ? I would worry
about sanity, you are a cyclist. Good luck.

Old November 14th 05, 12:20 PM
Jon is Away!

MSeries wrote:
Mmmm, I know someone who needs some replacement forks, not sure whether
they need quill or Ahead, suspect the latter. I guess the steerer
length needs to be the same ? Maybe we can do business.

The forks are an option for one the bents but if the taker doesn't want
them, I'll certainly be open to negotiation.

For good ? Will you be there in August 2007 for PBP ? I would worry
about sanity, you are a cyclist. Good luck.

For good! Assuming that all goes well and I manage to find some kind of
employment. Cycling-wise I'm taking the fixie so I'll not be without
wheels. At some point when I'm settled and have somewhere safe to keep
it, I'll look at getting Hooves 2 out there.

Jon

Old November 14th 05, 12:56 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Jon Senior wrote:
The other issue concerns versions 1 & 1.5. These are currently sat at
work but for various reasons[2] I need to get shot of them. They are
free to a good home. Obviously someone in the Edinburgh vicinity would
be better but I'll ship them within the UK for postage costs.

[...]
In the event that I can't rehome them, they will probably end up
suffering the business end of a cutting disc. It'd be a shame, but they
do have to go.

I don't suppose you're visiting the Cambridge area again soon?

[2] I'm off to Paris in the new year. I currently have no accommodation
/ job / sanity, but I have high hopes for the first two.

Good luck.
Old November 14th 05, 01:31 PM
Jon is Away!

Alan Braggins wrote:
I don't suppose you're visiting the Cambridge area again soon?

Oddly enough, I was going to send an email to Cambent this evening. I
will be down from Wednesday until Sunday, and was planning on riding on
the Friday if a ride was happening.

Jon

Old November 14th 05, 07:08 PM
Roos Eisma

"Jon is Away!" writes:

For good! Assuming that all goes well and I manage to find some kind of
employment. Cycling-wise I'm taking the fixie so I'll not be without
wheels. At some point when I'm settled and have somewhere safe to keep
it, I'll look at getting Hooves 2 out there.

I think we need more details/gossip....

Roos
Old November 14th 05, 08:01 PM
Sandy Morton

In article ,
Roos Eisma wrote:
At some point when I'm settled and have somewhere safe to keep
it, I'll look at getting Hooves 2 out there.

I think we need more details/gossip....

No house, no job - she must be drop dead gorgeous :-)

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island
Old November 15th 05, 12:30 AM
Jon Senior

Sandy Morton wrote:
In article ,
Roos Eisma wrote:

At some point when I'm settled and have somewhere safe to keep

it, I'll look at getting Hooves 2 out there.

I think we need more details/gossip....

No house, no job - she must be drop dead gorgeous :-)

I had hoped to reply before this suggestion arose but never mind...

The reason for the move is based in an upbringing by Francophile parents
and a general desire to see a bit more of the world. About a year ago
(New Year in fact) I made decided that if I didn't set a deadline to do
something about my desire to move, I'd just keep putting it off. My New
Year's resolution was to be in France by the start of 2006. I will
actually miss the deadline, but it did put the wheels in motion.

There is, alas, no beautiful young French lady who is providing the
incentive for the move (Although I haven't given up hope yet ;-) ).

Jon