Behold, I live and breathe

Old October 30th 05, 06:25 PM
Not Responding

Default Behold, I live and breathe

and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.
Old October 30th 05, 06:57 PM
soup

Not Responding wrote:
and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about
the children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on
the third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under
the sink.

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off
since returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode
was entered.

Let's hope she never sees urc (or the Google archive of same) then.
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words

Old October 30th 05, 07:06 PM
John

"Not Responding" wrote in message
.uk...
and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

John

Old October 30th 05, 07:17 PM
Simon Mason

"Not Responding" wrote in message
.uk...
and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Hang on in there fella. Keep schtumb. No names, no pack drill.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old October 30th 05, 07:23 PM
Nick Kew

Not Responding wrote:

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
and should not be withheld.

--
not me guv
Old October 30th 05, 07:29 PM
MartinM

John wrote:
"Not Responding" wrote in message
.uk...
and even as I type, DW is in the next room muttering foul words about the
children as she scrubs the "muddy mark" off the carpet. She is on the
third bottle of strange cleaning fluid from the cupboard under the sink.

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket off since
returning. The Mark was spotted and full decontamination mode was entered.

Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and change the
subject by talking about how warm the weather is for the time of year.

Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

that's easy; a bottle of white (easy but heartbreaking; white wine
vinegar will suffice)

Old October 30th 05, 08:04 PM
Simon Mason

"Nick Kew" wrote in message
news
Not Responding wrote:

I'd love to help but as soon as I were to mention "it could be oil",
she'll Know.

Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
and should not be withheld.

Objection, your honour.
The defendant has the right to remain silent!

Old October 30th 05, 08:06 PM
Sandy Morton

In article , John
wrote:
Such fastidiousness; she hasn't even taken her shoes or jacket
off since returning. The Mark was spotted and full
decontamination mode was entered.

Will post about CM later. Am off to offer glasses of wine and
change the subject by talking about how warm the weather is for
the time of year.

Just don't spill the wine, especially if it's red!

Spill it in the right place and you are home and dry - let her spill
it in the right place and you have won the grandfather clock!

--
T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !
Old October 30th 05, 08:08 PM
vernon

Ahem ... that information is highly relevant to the cleaning process
and should not be withheld.

I agree...if your wife is attempting to remove a 'muddy' stain instead of an
oily stain, she might be making the problem worse through using
inappropriate cleaning materials. I have had to confess to similar
misdemeanours in the past to prevent a temporary minor stain becoming a
permanent major stain.

It is always easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission (to fix oily
dirty things in the living room). It got me a shed, it might get you a
slapping ;-)

Old October 30th 05, 08:10 PM
Tim Dunne

"vernon" wrote in message

It got me a shed, it
might get you a slapping ;-)

9.95/10

Tim
Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org