Berkeley hills

Old May 27th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
since10

Default Berkeley hills

It is my birthday on Memorial Day and I was thinking of changing my ride
from my typical SF hills to Berkeley hills for a change of pace. Any
one out there have a special ride that they really like. It's a
birthday ride so it can be casual or steep. It has to be fun. I was
thinking of taking BART to Orinda and then riding back to Rockridge. I
am looking for something around 7-10 miles. I love hills. Please give
me some advice on what Berkeley hills have to offer. THANKS

--
since10
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 27th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

since10 wrote:
It is my birthday on Memorial Day and I was thinking of changing my ride
from my typical SF hills to Berkeley hills for a change of pace. Any
one out there have a special ride that they really like. It's a
birthday ride so it can be casual or steep. It has to be fun. I was
thinking of taking BART to Orinda and then riding back to Rockridge. I
am looking for something around 7-10 miles. I love hills. Please give
me some advice on what Berkeley hills have to offer. THANKS

See my bike rides page at http://inl.org/bicycle/routes.html; it
contains a number of rides for cyclists of different strengths, all
BART accessible. The typical ways to get back to Rockridge from Orinda
would be to take Moraga Road to Canyon and do the climb on Pinehurst,
descending on Tunnel, or else take Camino Pablo to Wildcat Canyon, and
then either drop into Berkeley on Spruce, or go over Grizzly Peak and
down Claremont or Tunnel.

In order from easiest to hardest:

Wildcat Canyon/Spruce
Wildcat Canyon/Grizzly Peak/Claremont (steep down, though)
Moraga Road/Canyon/Pinehurst

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com