Delta brake lever extender slipping on HS-33 Lever

Old January 27th 05, 02:42 AM
TonyMelton

Default Delta brake lever extender slipping on HS-33 Lever

Since upgrading from a Magura HS-11 brake (which has a plastic lever
blade) to a Magura HS-33 I've had problems with clamping my Delta brake
lever extender in place. On the old plastic lever the grub screw had
plenty of material to bite into, but its struggling to hold the extender
in place on the new lever for more than a few hours' riding.

When I first noticed this problem the allen pinch bolt was screwed all
the way in and still not gripping hard enough. I tried spacing out the
pinch slot by threading a washer through the pinch allen bolt. This fix
has not been successful.

Anyone got any suggestions as to hold that pesky sucker in place?

+[]|\|-

--
TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

Read the latest online issue of
''One Track Mind'' (http://tinyurl.com/6mm9r), Unicycle.com NZ's
eNewsletter!
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old January 27th 05, 03:04 AM
jagur

fold up a little square of a beer can and stick it under fixing bolt in
the concave part and screw down the bolt on it tight, then tighten the
cinch bolt. thats what i did.

--
jagur - Total Gimp

obie is an awesome guy and i cant make football pic's
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old January 27th 05, 05:40 AM
john_childs

I put a little washer under the set screw that tightens down on the
lever. The washer bent a bit as the set screw was tightened. It has
held great. No slipping.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old January 27th 05, 08:54 PM
TonyMelton

Thanks for the suggestions Jagur and John. I've gone with the aluminium
can method for now - as I had just finished consuming a refreshing
carbonated bev when Jagur posted! I'll see how it holds up over the
weekend.

+()|\|-