Another example of slanted journalism re bicyclists

Old May 8th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Art Harris

Default Another example of slanted journalism re bicyclists

Letter to the editor from Newsday May 8, 2009:

Crazy drivers imperil cyclists

Regarding "Bicyclist critically injured after being hit by car" [News,
April 27]: People are crazy with the way they drive. Every corner
seems to have a dedication spot where a loved one died in an accident.

A lot of people have no respect for the roads. I've seen numerous
people drive on the bicycle-pedestrian side of the road, just to get
to their destination faster. If I were a bicyclist. I would rather
ride on the sidewalk, where it's safe.

Nicole Woolsey

Ronkonkoma

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/letters/ny-
letters0812744515may07,0,7856366.story

Unfortunately, riding on the sidewalk isn't the answer!

Art Harris

Old May 12th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

My guess is that Newsday chopped that person's comments down to the mere
babble it appears to be. They've done that to me on several occasions.