I don't care what anyone says

Old July 16th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tsarkon

Default I don't care what anyone says

Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest break
in TDF history. Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
bikes and walk it in over the line?

Old July 16th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Stu Fleming

Tsarkon wrote:
Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest break
in TDF history. Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
bikes and walk it in over the line?

Hey, give the guy a break. He's got a dodgy hip and all.
Old July 16th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

"Tsarkon" a écrit dans le message de
news: KMlug.192806$Mn5.103722@pd7tw3no...
| Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
| arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest break
| in TDF history. Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
| bikes and walk it in over the line?

Dumbass-

That obviously includes Armstrong, since Postal let a break go on stage 8 of
the 2001 Tour that came in 35 minutes ahead of them. Only instead of
Armstrong being a minute behind the yellow jersey, he was 35 minutes behind,
with a guy like Kivilev 20+ minutes ahead.

Old July 16th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 07:20:10 GMT, "Tsarkon"
wrote:

Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
bikes and walk it in over the line?

I heard with Floyd's hip problems riding is less painful than walking.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old July 16th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Stu Fleming" wrote in message
Tsarkon wrote:
Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest
break in TDF history.

Biggest brake? I'm shocked you forgot the 7th stage in 1906 from Marseille
tyo Toulouse (406 km), when Trousellier, Passerieu and Petit-Breton finished
one hour and six minutes before the rest.

Benjo

Old July 16th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , John Forrest

wrote:

Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
bikes and walk it in over the line?

I heard with Floyd's hip problems riding is less painful than walking.

Not surprising. Back in my twenties when I had arthritis in my left hip
it was much less painful to cycle than to walk. All those years of
cycling seem to have polished the problem out, and I now have no pain
doing either.

Interesting to see how much time Landis spends /in/ the saddle rather
than out of it; I shall watch that on the next big climb. Out of the
saddle is still non-impact, of course, which is a great help, but it is
load bearing.

'there are no solutions, only precipitates'

Old July 16th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Tsarkon wrote:
Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest
break in TDF history.

Biggest brake? I'm shocked you forgot the 7th stage in 1906 from Marseille
tyo Toulouse (406 km), when Trousellier, Passerieu and Petit-Breton

finished
one hour and six minutes before the rest.

Not to mention the brilliant tactics these guys recommend of riding on the
wheel of the guy in front of them.

What do you want to bet that Tsarkon is a janitor in a meat packing plant.
That would account for his director sportiff-like knowledge.

Old July 16th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
J. D. Macdonald

Tom Kunich wrote:

What do you want to bet that Tsarkon is a janitor in a meat packing plant.
That would account for his director sportiff-like knowledge.

That would mean he has a better job that you do. And he also has more
insight and intellectual understanding towards the sport of stage
racing than you possess, or will ever possess. Now be a good little
troll and go back to collecting those beer cans and pop bottles so you
can go out buy yourself a nice family sized can of spam to go along
with that half bottle of Ripple you salvaged from the dumpster you call
home at night...

Die Die.....

Old July 16th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scoot

Tsarkon wrote:
Phonak's tactics suck. They deserve to lose after today. Anyone who's
arrogant enough to give up over 28 minutes on GC is a loser. Biggest break
in TDF history. Serious question here : Why didn't Phonak just get off the
bikes and walk it in over the line?

In the end, Floyd is still only a minute and a half behind Pereiro.
So, the race is not lost, there are 8 stages remaining, with the Alp
still to come. Floyd can regain that 90 second gap easily, providing
of course he stays healthy and fit and doesn't suffer from any
accidents along the way.

It's a common tactic. Part of the feign and bluff of riding a
stage-race. This puts the pressure on Pereiro to try to hold on to the
yellow, something I'm not convinced he's capable of doing. But, I could
be wrong, and am willing to be wrong. It's all part of the sport of
bike racing....

Cheers

Scoot
SDG

Old July 16th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:22:34 +0200, "benjo maso"
wrote:

Biggest brake? I'm shocked you forgot the 7th stage in 1906 from Marseille
tyo Toulouse (406 km), when Trousellier, Passerieu and Petit-Breton finished
one hour and six minutes before the rest.

Benjo

That was because the Peloton stopped for coffee and a croissant.

New IMAX movie, and hair care range Peter Signorini Australia 0 April 1st 06 02:30 PM
Bike cleaning and care. Cheryl UK 14 January 26th 06 06:02 PM
Brooks saddles and rain and care Bob in CT General 79 August 2nd 04 04:24 PM