Ryobi tools batteries

Old December 8th 17, 06:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Ryobi tools batteries

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old December 8th 17, 06:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside" and unless you plan on
working in a cloud burst, which few people
do, I can't see any reason for owning one.

When you buy nails and screws and the like
sometimes it says outside on the box.

Old December 8th 17, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 00:20:45 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

YT wrote:

I think the five different batteries will
work with any (of those) tools. All batteries
are 18V Lithium but the Ah's are 1.3, 1.5,
2.5, 4.0 and 5.0. So I think they have the
same power and interface, thus works for all,
but the "Ah" (Ampere hour) unit seems to
suggest the longest use before recharge for
the 5.0 Ah version. Yes, that must be it.

One has to wonder tho why there are *five*
batteries? One light and small and one heavy
and big I understand. Yet another one in the
middle? Fine. But five? Can there really be
a size/weight advantage anyone would ever
notice with the 1.3 version compared to
the 1.5?

The different batter capacities are probably there because various
tools require different power levels. A light weight 1/4" drill will
obviously require a smaller motor to power it than (for example) a
1/2" hammer drill designed to drill holes in concrete.

A 1.5 HR battery that would power a small 1.4" drill for an hour would
power the larger drill for perhaps 15 minutes.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

John B. wrote:

The different battery capacities are probably
there because various tools require different
power levels. A light weight 1/4" drill will
obviously require a smaller motor to power it
than (for example) a 1/2" hammer drill
designed to drill holes in concrete.

A 1.5 HR battery that would power a small
1.4" drill for an hour would power the larger
drill for perhaps 15 minutes.

I don't know man. These batteries from the
looks of it does not differ that much in size.
Why not just get the bigger one?

I see the rationale with a small one for
drilling and driving in soft wood (if you are
to do that 1000 times and don't won't your
forearm to ache) and the big 5.0 Ah for the
angle grinder - sure. And one in between for
good measure. It's all good.

But take a look at the list of available
batteries again - all 18V, all Lithium, same
charger, same everything (almost).

Especially the first three - all with 5s and
the Ah in the tight range [1.3, 1.5].
Seems like virtually the same. But I wish they
would state the weight in the manual as well.

Ah No. of Cell for Battery
------------------------------
1.3 5
1.4 "
1.5 "
2.0 "
2.4 10
-- 2.5 5
2.6 10
4.0 "
5.0 "

Old December 8th 17, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 06:00:34 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an "outside hammer".
(The outside hammer would be the more expensive choice, of course :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 8th 17, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Commercial Pro vs home shop

The batts are all different sizes right ?

Do batts fit into handle ?
Old December 8th 17, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

avagadro7 wrote:

Commercial Pro vs home shop

The batts are all different sizes right ?

Yes. The difference is in height it would seem
from looking at images.

Do batts fit into handle ?

The batts (5 in the booklet but in the manual
are several more in the table cited) - the
batts all fit into the tools of the particular
tool chain, which according to the booklet
I got with one of them consists of "over 40
tools".

Some of them, like a couple for
drilling/driving, look pretty similar to me
tho.

There are also two mowers. Maybe one for when
the grass is dry and one when it is wet, just
like with secateurs

Old December 8th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

wrote:

John B. wrote:

I don't believe I have ever owned a tool
marked "outside"

Really?

Anyone wants to become a millionaire?

It could be the next iteration of the cordless,
brushless [insert more here] power tool
revolution!

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an "outside hammer".
(The outside hammer would be the more expensive choice, of course :-)

Don't go trying to sell me an "inside" shovel.
Old December 8th 17, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-12-07 18:33, David Scheidt wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
:On 12/7/2017 7:01 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
: Joerg wrote:
:
: Sure. Here they mostly only sell two sizes.
: The larger one is pricey so I settle for the
: smaller Ryobi Li-Ion and just switch out.
: Charging is fast, around 1.5-2h. I guess if
: you are a contractor or you are building
: a complete new house you'd go for the
: biggest version.
:
: Ryobi doesn't seem to have an 18V heat gun tho.
: I wonder if that would consume too much energy
: for the same battery system or if they just
: don't have it. As you say charging is fast and
: changing batteries even faster...
:

:The Ryobi heat gun is 2000W or about 112 amps(!) at 18v.
:That's why they are offered as 110/230v.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...rdless/2688-21

They exist.

18min runtime isn't bad at all but it's going to be hard on the
batteries. When mixing tough beer bread dough with the Ryobi drill its
(smaller) battery doesn't last much longer than that. A 120V
mains-powered kitchen mixer would smoke out, I have ruined several of
those until I switched to electric drills.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old December 8th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Radey Shouman wrote:

I am envisioning a "inside hammer" and an
"outside hammer". (The outside hammer would
be the more expensive choice, of course :-)

Don't go trying to sell me an
"inside" shovel.

Ha ha

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Charger for batteries Simon Lewis Techniques 22 June 27th 09 10:34 AM
VAT free batteries. Simon Mason UK 25 November 17th 08 11:46 AM
Polar HRM batteries. neon Australia 9 January 24th 07 07:29 AM
SLA Batteries Peter UK 5 February 3rd 06 08:35 PM
Cateye SLA batteries Peter B UK 4 October 31st 03 01:32 PM