Engine Insulation

Old January 29th 19, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Engine Insulation

I've always said that mere low temperature doesn't constitute bad
weather, but tomorrow the *high* is going to be eleven below, and the
wind is going to be eighteen miles per hour.

I might be able to find that many pairs of tights in my closet, but I
wouldn't be able to get my leg over the top tube.

As soon as this blows over, we are scheduled for three days of rain.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Lessee . . . 32 + 11, 5/9 x 43 -- that's twenty-four below in metric.
Old January 29th 19, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 8:09:16 AM UTC-8, Joy Beeson wrote:
I've always said that mere low temperature doesn't constitute bad
weather, but tomorrow the *high* is going to be eleven below, and the
wind is going to be eighteen miles per hour.

I might be able to find that many pairs of tights in my closet, but I
wouldn't be able to get my leg over the top tube.

As soon as this blows over, we are scheduled for three days of rain.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/

Lessee . . . 32 + 11, 5/9 x 43 -- that's twenty-four below in metric.

Joy, be absolutely certain to wear a watch cap under your helmet. Pulled down over your ears. Those sorts of temperatures can cause a lot worse than frost bite.
Old January 29th 19, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/29/2019 12:46 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 8:09:16 AM UTC-8, Joy Beeson wrote:
I've always said that mere low temperature doesn't constitute bad
weather, but tomorrow the *high* is going to be eleven below, and the
wind is going to be eighteen miles per hour.

I might be able to find that many pairs of tights in my closet, but I
wouldn't be able to get my leg over the top tube.

As soon as this blows over, we are scheduled for three days of rain.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/

Lessee . . . 32 + 11, 5/9 x 43 -- that's twenty-four below in metric.

Joy, be absolutely certain to wear a watch cap under your helmet. Pulled down over your ears. Those sorts of temperatures can cause a lot worse than frost bite.

With all due respect, California boy, frostbite is
devastatingly damaging and painful. The only step beyond it
is death from hypothermia.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 29th 19, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 10:57:42 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/29/2019 12:46 PM, wrote:
[...]

We landed on one flight for emergency refueling at some base on the arctic circle in Alaska. We had to turn the engines off while they refueled and we all ran into ops. Just that very short distance from the truck to ops was enough to nearly frostbite you. Black marks on my nose and ears that took months to go away.