Lance dumping Sheryl or Cofidis dumping Lance? Which is worse??

Old February 26th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Lance dumping Sheryl or Cofidis dumping Lance? Which is worse??

Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Which act is MORE despicaple? Or are both correct, and just looking out
for number #1.

Talk amongst yourselves.

crit PRO

Old February 26th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

No she dumped him cause he wants to go kill people in Iraq. Let's get
the facts straight ok?

Andre

Old February 26th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

crit PRO wrote:

Which act is MORE despicaple?

Your spelling.

Old February 26th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Which act is MORE despicaple? Or are both correct, and just looking out
for number #1.

Talk amongst yourselves.

crit PRO

Something most rbr participants will never know, people of the moneyed
class, which Lance finds himself in, make all their decisions as business
decisions, even personal ones. Crow simply became a liability.

Old February 26th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"crit PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Cofidis never did such a thing, but behaved completely correctly.

Benjo

Old February 26th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

benjo maso wrote:
"crit PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Cofidis never did such a thing, but behaved completely correctly.

If you mean behave with respect to the people involved in a (business)
relationship, I don't know if I can agree. If you mean behave as in
calculating the odds vs. fiscal liabilities, well of course.

Old February 26th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Sandy wrote:
Dans le message de

RicodJour a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

I've done no such thing!

benjo maso wrote:

Cofidis never did such a thing, but behaved completely correctly.

If you mean behave with respect to the people involved in a (business)
relationship, I don't know if I can agree. If you mean behave as in
calculating the odds vs. fiscal liabilities, well of course.

Sob stories make much more attractive reading. That, and a good, new PR
firm. I'd like to know the exact facts you rely on to come to your
conclusions.

Shouldn't the acronym have been capitalized? SOB stories...

As I understand it, Lance refused to have a medical examination as
required by his contract, reached an agreement to race in four races in
lieu of the examination as proof of his recovery, did not in fact race
in four races and was let go by Cofidis.

Benjo's "behaved completely correctly" is open to interpretation as
behavior is relative. That is what I was pointing out. As a company,
Cofidis behaved in a logical and predictable way. The people who made
that decision, and acted "completely correctly", probably don't
highlight the story in cocktail conversations as it was probably the
single biggest mistake Cofidis has made (relying once again on my
admittedly limited knowledge).

Old February 26th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Sandy" wrote in message
Dans le message de
ups.com,
RicodJour a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
benjo maso wrote:
ups.com...

--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

IIRC, Cofidis aske to see his complete medical record and was refused.

Old February 26th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

RicodJour wrote:
benjo maso wrote:

"crit PRO" wrote in message
roups.com...

Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Cofidis never did such a thing, but behaved completely correctly.

If you mean behave with respect to the people involved in a (business)
relationship, I don't know if I can agree. If you mean behave as in
calculating the odds vs. fiscal liabilities, well of course.

I believe Cofidis paid the first year of that contract, or close
to it. It's been a while since we've seen a 'Cofidis screwed LANCE'
flame war, but my recollection was that they were pretty reasonable.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 26th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
benjo maso wrote:
"crit PRO" wrote in message
ups.com...
Lance felt a lump feeling her up three weeks ago, and didn't say
anything to her. He just dumped his fiancee'.

Cofidis claimed they'd stand by their man, only to rip up the million
dollar contract at his hospital bedside when no one was looking.

Cofidis never did such a thing, but behaved completely correctly.

If you mean behave with respect to the people involved in a (business)
relationship, I don't know if I can agree. If you mean behave as in
calculating the odds vs. fiscal liabilities, well of course.

When Armstrong's testicular cancer was diagnosed, he had already signed with
Cofidis, but because he hadn't yet medically examined, Cofidis had the right
to drop him, but it did not. When in februari 1997 Armstrong declared to be
cured, Cofidis asked him to be examined by its doctors, which Armstrong
refused. Instead he promised to ride at least four races in 1997. If he
wouldn't, Cofidis would have a right to terminate the contract. And although
Armstriong didn't keep his promise, Cofidis payed him nevertheless a salary
of $ 676.630. IMO pretty decent (although Armstrong wanted a million).

Benjo